Chapter Four: Detention

A collaboration fanfic written by myself and @NatStillLives. This chapter was written by the fabulous Nat and is posted on her fanfiction.net , along with the rest of this story. Don't hesitate to inform us about any spelling or grammar mistakes. I still can't believe what Nat added in this chapter, but yet I love it too.

Tick.... 3:30

Tick.... 3:31

Tick..... 3:32

Tick.....tick.....tick....tick.... 3:36

"Someone shut that clock up!" I looked up to see Ronnie twitching his eye. "That thing is so absolutely annoying! It's the only noise in this stinking room!" Ronnie had been sitting in front of me; however, now he was standing and positing his fist at the clock on the wall.

"Mr.Knox," Mr.Landers chided, "the whole point of detention is to make disobedient students like you learn their place." Ronnie rolled his eyes; making Mr.Landers fume. "Now instead of thirty minutes, you have forty!"

I groaned. It was bad enough spending half-an-hour with Mr.Landers. I stared around the drab room. The walls were puke-green, and resembled a dog's lunch, after it had come back up. The desks, covered in graffiti, appeared dumpy. Someone had written 'Fear the sexy-beast!", on my desk. I glanced over at Grell. She had pulled her long, red hair into a ponytail and tied a red ribbon around her neck.

Tick... 3:40

Behind Grell, Eric was sitting. He was attempting to rig up a spit-wad shooter. Alan was sitting behind me, and next to Eric. Poor guy, Alan was a nice person and shouldn't be here with the trouble makers.

"I have to use the restroom, and if I hear a peep coming from this room I will add another ten minutes to your time," Mr.Landers said before exiting the room. Eric and I let out the breath that we had been holding. No one, though, had the guts to talk.

"Look on the bright side guys!" Ronald said, breaking the silence. "We only have thirty more minutes!" The rest of us nodded in agreement. Ronnie went to talk again, but I shushed him by pantomiming zipping my lips. He twisted so he could look out the door's window without leaving his seat. Mr.Landers was attempting to duck below the window and spy on us. I pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil.

'Why do you think Mr.Landers is spying on us?'

I passed the paper to Ronnie. He bent over the paper and wrote as fast as he could. Then Ronald casually handed it back to me.

'He's probably trying to get us in trouble. Landers only wants an excuse to give us more detention.'

I nodded before writing again.

'It's so obvious he's there.'

Leaning down to 'tie my shoe', I slipped Ronnie the note. He smirked when he read it. Then he wrote something and handed the paper back to me.

'You can see his white hair sticking strait up! He needs a haircut in the worst kind of way!'

I agreed with Ronnie, Mr.Landers needed a haircut. I was going to write back, but I had heard the door open. Slipping the note into my pocket, I shoved my pencil off of my desk.

Tick.... 3:50

"Sorry Mr.Landers," I said as I picked it up. He ignored me and sat in his chair. Landers picked up a book that had been laying on the desk. I could barely make out the cover, but it looked like a Harlequin. I kicked Grell's foot to get her attention. When she looked at me, I pointed to Mr.Lander's book. She stifled a giggle by holding her delicate hand over her mouth.

The cover of Mr.Landers book had two people on it. The first was a pasty pale woman in a pristine white dress. Large dove wings stuck awkwardly out of her shoulders. She was wrapped in a man's arms. The man was your typical, 'tall, dark, and handsome' guy. He had black shoulder length hair. A devil's tail and horns adorned him. The title of the little romance novel was 'My Angel'. Slightly cliché, if you ask me.