20

The next few weeks was filled with happiness, very happy moments which i spent with my loved ones. I felt complete again, i felt very grateful to Allah for giving me the opportunity to use my eyes once more and i made a promise to use them for good things.

I still remember the day i got my eyes back, the emotions running through my mind. I remember every single moment i spent with it. And i cherished each and every one of them.

Sitting on the chair with my little Niece, i smiled at the sleeping baby. Norah gave birth ten days ago. I still very much remember the day i came to visit her (a few days after i got my eyes back), she was very shocked seeing me with my eyes.

She almost fainted because of how happy she was. I was too. Everyone was. Even Iman's parents and Habib were surprised when i went to visit them.

"Is she asleep yet?" Norah asked coming out of her bathroom.

I nodded "She really looks like you."

"I guess so." She gently took her from me and settled her in her crib.

"I'm starving. I will go make spaghetti." I announced and stood up.

"When are you going home? Ali must be missing you like crazy." She was right. It's been two weeks since we saw each other last. I really missed him but i needed to be here for my sister.

"I will very soon." I assured her.

She kissed her baby's forehead "You are leaving tomorrow."

I shook my head "And who's going to take care of you and the baby?"

"Mum is coming this evening."

I rolled my eyes "Okay. You win but i'm not leaving tomorrow."

She batted her eyelashes "I already bought your plane ticket."

I gasped "I can't believe you're kicking me out of your house."

She frowned "You know i'm doing this for your sake."

I sighed "Okay. I will leave tomorrow."

.........

"Hi!" That was the first thing i said to my husband who i had not seen for two weeks.

He smiled.

Oh My Allah!

His smile was as beautiful as always. I was still not used to seeing him look this amazing. I never knew i married someone as attractive as this, until i got to see it myself.

"You missed me?" He showed his perfectly straight white teeth.

I got short of words.

"We should get into the car." He said.

Many emotions were wailing through my head and i did the first thing that came into my head, almost forgetting that we are still in the airport.

I hugged him, really tight.

"I really miss you." Though we talked every day and even skyped, it didn't seem like this.

"I know. I really missed you." He hugged me back.

We stayed like that for a few more seconds before we let go. He took my luggage and we made our way into his red Chevrolet Equinox.

When we got home, i was so happy to be home again. I was welcomed warmly by Sophia and Umaira. I wanted to send them away since i was okay now but Ali suggested we let them stay since they would be jobless and i still needed help.

"We made lunch." Umaira announced when Ali took the luggage upstairs.

I smiled "Thank you."

"Let me set the table."

I shook my head "I will do that. You both can leave early, i will see you tomorrow inshaa Allah."

They exchanged a knowing look and grinned before going to get their things.

By the time Ali came downstairs, i was done setting the table.

"Lunch is ready." I said with a smile.

He grinned and took a seat. I served him and served myself.

While eating, i felt his gaze on me.

I looked up "Why are you staring? Did you miss me that much?" I teased.

He chuckled "Can't i stare at my beautiful wife now?"

I rolled my eyes "Of course you can."

I cleared the table when we were done eating.

"Ali?"

"In here." He called out from the living room.

He was setting the TV "What are you doing?"

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

I shrugged "Okay."

He flipped through Netflix and settled on an American movie titled 'The Fault In Our Stars.'

I took a seat on the couch beside him "Have you watched it before?"

He shook his head as he got comfortable on the couch "Nope."

An hour into the movie, i was already yawning. It's not that it wasn't interesting, it was, but i felt i needed to do something much more important with my time. Everytime i keep sleeping with the fear that maybe i will be blind again the next day i wake up.

Ali noticed my distress "I'm sorry. I thought you will like something like this."

I shook my head "I do like it, i'm just not into it."

He turned down the volume of the TV and faced me "So what do you want to do?"

My face lit up "Alot of things."

He inched closer "Like?"

I smiled dreamily "First go to Hajj or Umrah, then travel the whole world with you. I want to go see the Eifel tower in Paris, i've wanted to ever since i was a child."

He laughed at my childishness "Okay. Slow down first."

I bit my lips as i blushed "Sorry." I muttered.

"Okay, first go for Hajj or Umrah. We should go for Umrah first, cause Hajj is still some months away and i bet you can't wait that long without visiting Saudi Arabia first." I nodded eagerly.

He chuckled "Is there anything you want to do before that?"

I nodded slowly "Ali. I really want to do something useful in this community. I want to make a difference in my own way, i know i might not be able to help alot of people but i want to try do something for the sake of Allah."

"I've been reading some articles this days and i'm very surprised to find out that alot of people are out there suffering. I know i can't help everyone but even though it's a few people, i would be glad and thankful to Allah for that."

He listened patiently as i continued "But...i have to find a job first. I can't keep on depending on you at all times, i also need to be able to support you. I've been doing some research, so i found a nearby company whom are interested in what i do."

I waited for his reply in anticipation which came immediately "Okay. I want you to know that i support all you've just said. I love you and i want you to be happy. And i will do everything possible to make that happen."

I smiled "But as for the job, i have to talk to the firm first. I can't risk you working without me knowing everything about them."

I smiled, thinking to my self how lucky i am to be blessed with a husband like him.