19

"She's perfectly fine. Her eyes is still adjusting to seeing after a while. She might feel nauseous once in a while and have headaches but those are just the side effects for a short period of time." I listened patiently to the Doctor.

"That's it, right?" Ali asked.

She nodded "Congratulations! I'm very happy for you two."

She smiled at me "You need to come here every month for checkups."

I nodded and offered her a polite smile "Thank you."

We didn't go home directly, i wanted to explore the city for a little while. Iman and Na'ima were with us, they were shocked when i went out of my room to see them. They even cried, but it was tears of joy.

"How does it feel?" Iman questioned, looking worried.

I shrugged "It feels wonderful. I don't think i can explain it in words."

I looked at Ali who was beside me and he smiled looking rather uncomfortable with the ladies beside me.

I threw him a dashing smile "Do you want to go back home? It's okay with me." I whispered.

He shook his head "I want to stay with you."

I think the girls kinda understood what was going on cause Iman suddenly said she just remembered she has something she wants to get in the shop and Na'ima tagged along with her.

Ali and i looked at each other and let out a laugh.

"You sure have brilliant friends. I have been waiting all day to be alone with you." Ali smirked.

I rolled my eyes "And i'm happy to be here with you."

We continued walking, our hands intertwined. Everywhere was so beautiful especially the sky. It looked so bluish that i could stare at it all day.

"Wanna get a drink or something?" Ali asked as we passed by a Starbucks shop.

I nodded "Sure."

We walked inside and ordered for cappuccino. While waiting, I saw a guy heading towards us, a grin on his face.

"Do you know who that weird guy is?" I whispered to Ali.

He grinned at me "Fariq."

I bit my lips "Please forget i just called him weird."

He chuckled "Only on one condition."

"What's that?"

"Don't smile too much at him."

I rolled my eyes "Seriously?"

He didn't get to reply as Fariq was already in front of us.

"Ava, a very happy congratulations to you." He said politely.

"Thank you." I replied offering him a small smile. He and his wife are very good people. They came to visit me twice in the hospital and they were always coming to our house almost every weekend.

"Salma is in the car if you want to go say hi."

My eyes perked up "You're together?"

"We were on our way to your house when she saw you both go into the shop. I told her to stay in the car while i come get you."

I nodded and looked at Ali for permission.

He nodded "See you at home." He kissed my cheek and passed me the two cappuccinos.

"Which car is it?" I asked Fariq.

"A black Mercedes parked beside the phone store down from here. She's wearing an Abayah and black veil similar to yours."

I nodded and walked out. I soon saw her, her eyes widened as soon as she saw me.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you." She pulled me into a hug.

I hugged her back being careful with the cups in my hands "Thanks."

She got into the driver's seat and i sat at the passenger's side.

We soon got home while conversing.

"We could go shopping for them." She decided when i told her i needed to get some Islamic books and read.

My phone rang and i quickly picked it up thinking it's Ali.

"Where are you?"

My eyes widened, i had completely forgotten about Iman and Na'ima.

"I'm home." I replied guiltily.

"Good. We are home too."

I sighed in relief "Then i'm not in trouble."

I heard her laugh from the other side "Just come in. We have a surprise for you."

"Surprise?"

"Yeah. Come in." Iman said and hung up.

I smiled at Salma and we both went in.

"Oh My God!" It really was a surprise. My mouth hung wide open. I couldn't believe it.

"How? How did you guys do it?" Looking at the kids in front of me was like a dream come through. Right in front of me were the five kids i teach Qur'an and Arabic lessons. It's been long since i saw them last.

"Assalamu alaikum Mu'alimah" I smiled as they all greeted me at once, the way i thought them to.

I removed my shaded and threw it on the recliner beside me. I pulled them all into a tight hug.

"Wa alaikumus salaam! Lakad ishtashqa ilaikum khathir (I have missed you all so much)."

"You look very pretty!" Khadija said, the only girl and youngest of them all. She was six and close to memorising the whole of the Holy Qur'an.

"Why. Thank you!"

After talking for a few minutes. I settled them down on the sofa and put on a Islamic show for them.

I talked with Iman while they watched "How did you get them here?"

She smiled "It's your Dad and husband's idea. Dad was very happy hearing about your condition. He even left that important work he had to do and came here with the kids. He said he wanted to surprise you cause he knows how much you love them. Noor couldn't make it, he promise to be here before the week ends."

I felt my eyes welled with tears "Oh Allah!"

"Norah doesn't know yet, we figured she might want to come and it might affect the baby." Na'ima chimed in.

"That's so sweet of you all." I had almost forgot that Salma was here with us.

"So where is Dad?"

"He said he was going to get something but he didn't say what exactly."

I nodded "What about the kids' families?"

"They were very glad to let Dad take the kids."

"Wow! Who knew all this could happen in a day."