18.

"I will stay." She said again.

I sighed "I will say this one more time and it will be final. Whatever happened that day was not your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. So... please stop being like this and go back to your husband, he needs you."

She didn't reply this time. And when we got home, she was the first to step out of the car.

"She still feels guilty." Na'ima said.

"She shouldn't be. There is nothing to be guilty about, don't you also think so."

"She loves you alot. Whenever you are in pain, the same goes for her. You remember when you got really sick in high school and you stayed home for a week and she stayed with you for that whole week, it feels the same right now."

I smiled "I'm worried about Zain. I'm sure he misses her."

"He understands, that's why he didn't come. He knows that when he comes, he will force her to come with him and she will get mad at him. Also, everyone knows better than to step in between you two."

"I guess you're right."

"Let's get you inside." She helped me outta the car and we went inside.

After exchanging a short pleasantry with worried Sophia and Umaira, Na'ima led me upstairs to take a nap. Immediately i laid down in the bed, i slept off.

I woke up in a jolt, my heart beating really fast.

"Hey! Are you alright?" I immediately relaxed knowing that it was Ali.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"What happened?"

I sighed "I... i've been having this weird...dreams. I...saw my mum again. It's been 14 years since i had a dream about her and...i just have that feeling that it's her."

He placed a kiss on my forehead "Did she say anything to you?"

I started shaking my head but then i remembered something "Yes...i heard her whisper something like it's going to be alright now. I'm not sure what she's talking about but it's weird. How can i see her in my dream? I've never seen her in my dream since a few months after the accident."

"Maybe it's a good thing. Everything will be alright now, okay?"

I nodded in agreement and snuggled closer to him.

"Ali?"

"Yeah?"

"I...i really wish i could see you right now."

I heard his sharp intake of air "I wish so too."

My hands went up to his face and i traced every inch of it, trying to figure out how he really looked. I have been doing so for months but i still couldn't visualise him.

I knew he has a long, straight nose, full lips, full eyebrow and big eyes.

"Ali?"

He hummed in response.

"I really mean what i said at the hospital." I felt my face heating up.

"Me too, Ava. I love you."

I smiled "Thank you for being in my life."

"I'm suppose to thank you for being a part of me. Life without you is unimaginable." He ended the sweet words with a kiss and i kissed him back.

"You should go back to sleep. It's past twelve."

I gasped "How long have i been asleep?"

"12 hours now."

"Wow. To be honest, i'm still sleepy." I yawned in exhaustion.

"Sleep, baby. I will be right here next to you."

I sighed and let the darkness take me away.

The next morning, i woke up to a humming sound. My head was banging really bad and then something unbelievable happened when i opened my eyes.

There was light everywhere, the darkness which i was used to seeing for the past fourteen years was no longer there. I blinked several times to adjust my eyes to the light but it was too bright and sudden.

"Oh My God!" I exclaimed in shock as i quickly sat up.

After a long minute, my eyes started adjusting to the image in front of me, a half naked man was in front of me.

"Aaaaahhh!" It came out of my mouth without me thinking.

The man's eyes widened "Oh Allah!"

"Oh My God! Ali? Is that you?"

His eyes was still as wide as a saucepan "Oh My God!"

He stepped closer to me, still in a towel wrapped around his waist. My eyes widened as i saw how attractive he was. I was sure i sort of drool a bit.

He sat on the bed close to me "Can you really see me?" He waved a hand in front of me.

I nodded, my eyes already watering "Yes."

"H...how? Oh My God!" His eyes was also filled with tears.

I chuckled "I...i don't know. I just woke up and... everywhere was bright and...oh Allah. I can see you. I can really see you."

"Alhamdulillah!"

"Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!" I yelled in happiness.

I was really happy, happy to be able to see my husband, happy that i could do alot of things with my eyes, happy that i could finally see the Ka'abah, read from the Qur'an and alot more things.

I hugged Ali in excitement "Oh Allah! Alhamdulillah!"

I was so happy that i didn't know when i pulled him into a kiss. But i didn't care, i didn't care at all. He was my husband and the relationship between us was pure halal love.

"I need to take you to the hospital, the Doctor has to check you to see if you are alright."

I shook my head "I want to spend the whole day here with you." I smiled.

He chuckled "As much as i would love that, we really need to go."

I groaned "You're no fun." I pouted.

"You're so cute."

I rolled my eyes "Whatever."

I went to take a shower, wrapped a towel around me and i took a little long staring at myself in the mirror. Looking at myself felt so...so unreal, my pale skin, dark eyes, full eyebrow, round face, small lips and pointed nose seemed so unreal.

"Babe. Come on!" I huffed as Ali called me out for the second time.

I went into the closet. After gushing at my clothings, i finally put on jeans, sleeveless top and an Abayah on top.

I didn't bother picking a bag or shoe. I wore my flip-flops, wrapped a veil on and walked out. My husband was already waiting for me in the room.

I gawked at him dressed in a casual wear, he looked very attractive.

"Like what you see?"

I wanted so badly to knock that arrogance outta him but i declined against it.

"Let's get going."

"One minute." He walked to the dressing mirror and picked up a dark shade that was on it. He walked back towards me and put it on my eyes.

He smiled "Now we are good to go."

Assalamu alaikum! Alhamdulillah!!! She can see again. Allah's mercies are uncountable. Who knew she would regain her sight once more.