8.

"Indeed with every difficulty, there is a relief."

                      Surah Ash-sharh

"Tell me more about yourself!" I demanded from Ali. I still didn't know much about him only that he's 27, he's the vice president of some big company, has no parents, no siblings, lives alone and has few friends.

The taxi we were on jerked to a stop "And we are home." He announced.

He got down from the other side and opened the door for me. Holding my hand, he helped me out. I tried to ignore the tingles that followed.

"Welcome home!" He said as we entered.

I smiled feeling warm already "What does it look like?"

He let go of my hand "Well, it's a two storey building, with a living room, dining room, a kitchen and a library on the ground floor. And on the next floor, we've got the bedrooms and bathrooms."

My mouth hung open "So you live in a mansion?"

"Yeah? Well...i just bought it not quite long." He replied.

I snapped my mouth shut "Cool."

He held my hand again "I have a surprise waiting for you in the living room."

"Really?"

"Come on." He pulled me along with him.

I counted my steps as we entered the living room, it was my own way of making a place easy for me to get familiarised with.

"SURPRISE!" A group of people shouted and i gasped in shock.

I recognised all the voices, my family's voices.

"Oh Allah!" I chuckled.

"You didn't think we would let you go just like that, did you?" Norah's happy voice sounded as i was tugged into a tight hug.

I hugged her back "Thank you!" I whispered.

"I'm also here." Iman yelped happily.

I felt whole and happy again not that i wasn't before but one's family mean alot to them. I got to spend another day with them, though i didn't mind that Noor and Norah were arguing most of the time or that i didn't get any alone time with my husband or that Iman kept teasing me.

All that mattered to me at that moment was my family, the people who had always been there for me, during my toughest time, and all other times.

After my family left the next evening, it was just me and my husband in the huge mansion.

"Missing them already." Ali said as he plunged on the sofa, beside me.

I nodded "I've never left them, i didn't know it would be this hard."

I felt his hand on mine "I know exactly how you feel."

I smiled "Thank you!"

"For what?"

I shrugged "For everything."

I could feel him smile "You deserve more." He said sincerely. "So what are we going to have for dinner? Should i order some pizza?"

I shook my head, deciding that it was time i started behaving more like his wife.

"How about i make us dinner? Am a good cook, just need assistance with somethings though."

"You're sure?"

I shrugged "If it's okay with you."

He chuckled "I would really like that."

I smiled and stood up. I felt his hand slip into mine as he stood up and walked me to the kitchen. I kept count of my steps as we walked.

Soon, we were done with dinner. Well, Ali did most of the work as i was having a difficult time in the unfamiliar kitchen. Turned out, he was a pretty good cook too and he took care of everything.

"Oh God!" I moaned in delight. The food tasted amazing.

"Good?"

I nodded chewing on the spaghetti "It's delicious."

"I'm glad you like it."

I smiled and kept on eating till i couldn't feel anything left on my plate.

"Want more?"

I shook my head "No, i want to be able to read Maghreb Salah." I rubbed my belly.

He chuckled "Okay then. I will take care of the dishes, just wait for me here. I will be done in a bit."

I nodded, knowing that he wouldn't allow me to help even if i wanted to. A while later, he showed up and guided me to the living room.

"Can i ask you a question?" He asked just as we sat down, side by side.

"Yeah?"

"What does it feel like being blind most of your life?"

I shrugged "Well...it sucks."

It sucked that i wasn't able to read from the holy Qur'an, that i wouldn't be able to see the Ka'abah if i get a chance to go to Makkah. It sucked that i wasn't able to do a lot of things like normal people do.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that, i was just...curious." He apologized.

I shook my head "Nah! I'm glad you did."

"I guess it's time for Salah! I will take you to the room while i go to the Masjid. I might be back late."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I normally stay back for Isha'a Salat before coming back."

I nodded "Okay."

His hand brushed mine before he got hold of it and helped me stand up. After walking me to our room, he gave me a peck on my cheek and left.

I sat on the bed and touched my cheek while blushing. I smiled relishing the feeling of having him peck me.

Since i spent my night in the room last night, i made my way to the bathroom and performed ablution. I read Maghreb Salah and said my evening Azkhar afterwards.

I silently read the Holy Qur'an, a smile on my face as i kept on reciting Suratul Maryam.

I soon read Isha'a Salah then i waited for my husband to return. When it seemed like i had been waiting for hours, i checked my watch using my fingers and the time was surprisingly a quarter after nine.

I took my phone from my pocket and asked the Google voice to call 'my husband'. It kept ringing but there was no answer.

I started panicking, wondering what had happened to make him late like this. I stood up and made my way to the door, opening it, i went out.

I was still very unfamiliar with the house and my walking stick was not with me. I breathed in and continued working, letting the wall be my support.

I felt the rails of the stairs and i clunged to it while stepping down. As i was about to take another step, i miscalculated and almost tripped, hitting my ankle.

I yelped in pain as i tried getting up from where i was. I continued down the step, limping. As i got down, i sighed in relief. Then i almost cursed myself when i realised i had no plan and my phone was in the room.

I limped to the living room and took a seat, deciding to wait for him there. While waiting, my eyes started getting heavy and i drifted off to sleep.

Assalamu alaikum! I'm really sorry for the late update. I've been a bit busy with somethings.

Just in case, where i wrote that she checked the time on her watch using her fingers. It does happen and i've seen it too. They open the screen of the watch and use their fingers to check the time.