10.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said that the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said :

"When Allah decreed the Creation, He pledged himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him : My mercy prevails over my wrath."

                  Narrated by Muslim

"Hahahaha!" I laughed so hard clutching my stomach.

"There was one time, i stood up to the boy and said 'hey! Don't blame me for your shitty head cause i have nothing to do with it'."

That caused another laughter from me "I can't... believe...you told him that."

For the past hours, Ali and i were sitted on the sofa talking about our childhood. He was currently telling me about a kid he bullied when he was five.

"I couldn't help myself... especially when he talked about my mum."

My laughter died after hearing that "I... i'm sorry about your Mum. May her soul rest in peace."

"Ameen. Thanks Ava! I've never talked about my past with anyone before you."

I felt honoured hearing that "I'm glad you did."

"I'm glad i met you that day."

"I guess i am too."

"Ava?"

"Yeah?" I smiled.

When he didn't say anything "What?"

Then he did it, i felt his lips on mine. It almost knocked the breath out of me, i stayed still at first but then my hands found their way to his hair and i pulled him closer.

..........

I went to sleep, Ali by my side. After that kiss, i felt more comfortable with him, less awkward around him.

The next morning, i woke up with a stomach ache. I happened to be one of those people who experience a crazy stomach pain during their period. And that exactly was what happened to me.

Ali had his arm draped around me, i snuggled out of his hold gently and off the bed. My injured ankle felt better and i could walk without limping now.

I walked into the bathroom, trying my best to make less noise as possible. But that didn't work cause i almost tripped again on the tiled floor, i had to grab the nearest thing to stop me from falling.

I had grabbed the wash hand basin but something fell and made a soft thud. It sounded like a plastic.

I sighed as i tried to make my way to the cupboard, to get a sanitary pad. I succeeded in getting one without much noise. After finishing my business in the bathroom, i went back to sleep, only if it was possible.

I groaned as i clutched my stomach, my eyes squeezing shut in pain. I hadn't slept ever since i woke up, the pain was unbearable.

I sighed in relief when the pain subsided a little. As i was about to drift to sleep, Ali's phone went off.

"Assalamu alaikum!" I heard his voice say sleepily.

"I'm up. What's up?"

His hand tucked away a few strands of hair from my face. I could feel his breath as he continued talking. He was very close to me.

"We could meet up later in the evening. Sure, i will bring her along. Just make sure your brother stays away from her, she's taken."

He chuckled "See ya, Bro!"

I felt his lips on my forehead before he got up from the bed. I clutched my stomach again as the pain came.

"Oh Allah!" I muttered.

Taking deep breaths, i felt Ali come back to my side.

"Baby! It's time you wake up. It's past time for Sallah."

"I'm already up. I'm sorry i didn't wake you sooner. I didn't know it's already time for Salah and i didn't hear the Azhan."

"It's okay. Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

I nodded "Yeah. You go ahead and pray."

"Okay."

I went to take a warm shower as he was praying. I got dressed into jeans and a sleeveless top. I packed my hair into a low ponytail and went out of the walk in closet.

"You look great." My husband said lovingly.

"Thanks." I replied, my face heating up. "What time is it?"

His reply came soon "Past seven. Are you ready for breakfast?"

I shook my head "No. I don't have any appetite." Whenever it's my time of the month, i normally lost my appetite.

"Are you sure you're okay?" His hand came up to my bare arm and i shivered.

"Yeah...well not exactly. It's just...my time of the month." I was sure my face had reddened due to embarrassment.

"Oh!"

"Are you alright?" He added.

"Just having a little menstrual pain, nothing much. But i must warn you,... i'm usually moody when it comes to...this time."

"What else should you warn me about?" He teased.

"I...i tend to have sudden cravings, especially for coffee and black tea."

"What else?"

I bit my lips "I...i get angry and fraustrated easily."

His hand came up to the back of my neck "What else?"

"I get really emotional." I took a sharp breath when his other hand moved to my face.

"Really?"

"Yeah!" And he claimed my lips, yet again.

.........

"Are you sure you want to go?" Ali asked for the third time. His friend had invited us both over, Ali wasn't sure if i wanted to go because of my time of the month but i was really good.

I wanted to meet his friend and the guy who got slapped by Ali in a Starbucks. I chuckled when i remembered the story.

"I am. I've been in this house for four days now without going anywhere, it's time i try to know some people. Don't you agree?"

He sighed "Who in their right mind says no to a pretty face like you?" He gave me a peck on my cheek and chuckled.

"No one?"

"Exactly."

I smiled "Let me go change, i will be ready in five."

"Just take your time." He kissed me again before letting me go.

Getting dressed in an Abayah, i wrapped its hijab on as neatly as i could. I didn't know which handbag and shoe to use. Then i remembered what Norah had told me she did with my shoes and handbag for easy access.

I felt for a bag, it was small and had a chain handle. Below it was a shoe, an inch high. I felt for the small letter on it, G. I smiled as i realised it meant the color was Green, and so was the bag.

I quickly put them on and walked out of the room, my walking stick in my hand.

Assalamu alaikum! An update as agreed upon.