3.

قول الله "و ما خلقت الجن والانس الا ليعبدون."

سورة الذاريات

"They are here." Noor said as the door bell rang.

It was six thirty.

Dad said they would be coming by six thirty and they were here. Why am i freaking out?

"Let's go get ready." Norah whispered to me.

I nodded and followed as she held my hand. As soon as we got into the room, she went to take a shower while i sat on the bed.

"Go take a shower, Ava." Norah tapped my shoulder.

"Uhn...okay."

I made my way into the bathroom, stripped out of my cloth and got into the warm shower. A few minutes later, i stepped out of the shower and performed ablution.

When i went back into the room, Norah said she had laid my dress on my bed.

I got dressed into the silky gown she chose for me after wearing a jean trouser and i wrapped a veil as a hijab.

"What colour is my dress, Norah?"

"Purple."

"And yours?"

"Pink."

"I bet you look like a princess." I smiled.

She didn't say anything for a while "What if he doesn't​ like me?"

"He must be a pussy not to."

She laughed "I guess so."

There was a knock on the door before it opened "It's time for Iftaar, have some dates. We are going to the masjid, the Mum is already praying in the guest room." Noor announced and left.

After breaking our fast with dates, we read our Salah and went into the kitchen.

"I think they are in the living room." Norah whispered.

I sighed "Are you nervous?"

"Of course." It came out more like a squeak from her.

"Don't be, okay? Inshaa Allah, it will end well." It was my first time doing this, no family had ever come for my hand and i was nervous for my sister.

"Okay. Inshaa Allah!" I heard her sucking in a breath.

"Let's do this. Call Noor and tell him to bring them to the dining room. I will serve the fruit salad first. Then you join us, bring the remaining dishes to the dining room first."

"Okay."

After calling Noor, i made my way to the dining room with glass bowls. After carefully arranging it on the table, i went to get the big bowl containing the fruit salad and placed it on the table.

Norah took all the dishes and set them on the huge dining table before she left again. By the time i was quickly setting spoons beside each bowl filled with fruit salad, i heard footsteps.

"Assalamu alaikum!" I said, a smile on my face.

"Wa alaikumus salaam!" About three people replied simultaneously.

Dad did tell us that the family consisted of the father, mother and the son. They were very rich just like my family, the father is a business partner of dad's.

"How are you, dear?" The dad asked, i knew because his voice was very deep.

"Alhamdulillah! Ramadhan Kareem!"