2.

"Assalamu alaikum!" I greeted before knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, the door opened. I could tell that it wasn't Iman because she would have jumped on me immediately she saw me.

"Assalamu alaikum! Is Iman around?" Norah asked from beside me.

"Wa alaikumus salaam! Yes...sorry, come in." An unfamiliar voice said.

Norah held my hand and led me in. The door closed behind us.

"Ava! Is that you?" Iman yelled from somewhere.

"Yeah!" I replied calmly.

I felt someone hug me from behind, i knew it was her...so i hugged her back.

"How are you?" She squealed.

I smiled at my best friend "Alhamdulillah! And you? Good?"

"I am now." She let me go.

"Norah. How are you?"

After they exchanged pleasantries with Norah, i heard footsteps coming towards us.

"Oh! This is my cousin, Ali. He just came back from Boston." She said with excitement.

"Hello!" Ali said curtly.

"Hi!" Norah greeted shyly.

I kept silent, giving him a nod, trying not to be rude.

"I will go see if Na'ima is around." Norah said, escaping to go see her friend.

"Behave!" I said curtly.

I could feel her roll her eyes "Sure, Mum." She teased.

"Let's go to my room." Iman tugged on my hand and almost drag me into her room.

Iman and i had been friends since the incidence that took my eyes away. She has always been with me after we met at school in sixth grade. We went to the same high school, the same college. We even studied the same course in college.

Fine Art

I love Art even though i couldn't see. Drawing had always been a part of me. It made me feel a lot of things.

"I've missed you this past week." She said as soon as i sat on her bed.

"Me too." I whispered.

"So what's going on in your life? How are your kids?"

I smiled when she mentioned my kids, i teach some kids Arabic and Qur'an at my place every weekend.

"They are good. I miss them though. But we will meet tomorrow inshaa Allah."

I felt her hands on my lap "I've got good news for you."

I smiled "What is it?"

"I'm getting married!"

"Oh Allah! I'm so happy for you. Alhamdulillah!" I placed my hand on hers.

I was so happy for my best friend, at the age of 24, she was finally getting married "When is it?"

"In two weeks."

"Wow! It's so soon. What about your Mum? Does she know?"

"Yeah. She will be coming in a few days to start preparing."

"Do i know the lucky guy?" I nudged her.

"It's Zain." I could imagine her blushing.

"That's awesome. Alhamdulillah!" We met Zain in college, he helped to tutor me once (when there was no one to) as he was a year ahead of us. He was really nice to me.