16.

Ibn Taimiyya Rahimahullah said : "And know that anyone who loves a thing more than Allah then it is INEVITABLE that he be hurt by the thing he loves."

Ali's Pov

I closed my eyes as my tears was threatening to fall. I couldn't believe it. And i blamed myself for the accident, i should have gone with her. I should have been there with her. I couldn't lose her, i just couldn't.

"I'm...so sorry, Ali. I just went back in to get the drugs, i...i didn't know she would leave the car." Iman was a crying wreck.

I sighed "It wasn't your fault." I whispered as i stood up and walked back into the hospital room.

She was still as we left her 24 hours ago, lifeless. I tried not to cry when i looked at her but it was of no use. Her face was a bit damaged. Her body got the most impact with the car.

I slowly paced the room as i thought about pressing charges on the drunk driver. How could somehow be drunk in the daylight?

She saved that baby but in turn couldn't save herself and i wasn't even there with her.

I was angry, no, furious with myself for not being there for my wife. I should have been there. I should have been with her.

The door flew open and a gasp left the intruder's mouth.

"SubhanAllah!" I cringed hearing Norah's voice.

I had to call them, they needed to know what happened.

I watched as her tears started falling as she walked towards the bed.

"Oh Allah!" She cried out.

I left the room and closed the door behind me. On getting to the waiting room, i saw her Dad and Noor talking to Iman.

Their attention turned to me and i took a deep breath. Noor approached me first, his face void of any emotions. I awaited his wrath and anger but what he did next made me speechless. He hugged me.

"She will be fine inshaa Allah!" He whispered.

I nodded in agreement "Inshaa Allah!". I needed her to be alright. I really needed her in my life.

Dad also approached me "It's no one's fault, Ali. And it definitely isn't your fault."

I shook my head "I should have been there with her."

He patted my shoulder "You're here for her now, that's all she needs."

........

"I'm very sorry. We did all we could but we lost the baby. It got most of the impact of the accident." I stared dumbly at the female doctor.

"W... what?" I shook my head, tears welling in my eyes.

My throat suddenly felt dry and my head was aching with anger and unshed tears. I needed to break something, i needed to do something.

"I'm sorry." The doctor said.

I stood up abruptly and left the office. I kept walking straight ahead, ignoring everyone and everything. A hand on my shoulder stopped me and i glared at the person, even after realizing it was my father-in-law.

"What happened?"

My body started vibrating and i tried to hold my anger. I really did but i ended up punching the wall beside me, hard.

Even when my knuckles started bleeding, i wasn't contented. I tried punching the wall again but he stopped me, his expression hard.

"What happened?"

I looked down "They lost the baby." I whispered lowly.

I didn't wait for his reaction as i made my way out of the hospital. Minutes passed by before i finally went back. All the time wondering what i would tell her if she wakes up. She really wanted this baby, we both did.

I went back into the room to see it empty. I sighed and took a seat beside her, watching her breath. It calmed me to know that she was still breathing.

........

"What are you saying, Doc?" Noor demanded while i was still trying to process what he was saying.

"You heard me right. She can still see again."

"But...how is that possible?"

"The accident."

After explaining how the accident made her cornea more accessible due to the shock. She made it clear to us that with a corneal transplantation, she would be able to see.

The doctor left us to our thoughts.

"Dad? What do you think?" Norah asked.

"I think we should go for it, right Ali?"

Should we? Should we? Should i?

I nodded a little "Yes, i think so too." I had a little doubt if it was possible because Ava had been blind for 14 years now.

Her Dad and i stepped outside the room to have a word.

"Do you think she would want this?" I asked after a lot of thought.

He sighed "I bet you still have a lot of questions in your mind."

I nodded and he continued "Ava believes that she was the cause of her Mum's death. She didn't care a bit about her eyes that year. She didn't morn her Mum's death nor she morn the lost of her eyes."

He gestured for us to go take a sit "I had a hard time convincing her to go take treatment. She didn't want to see, just like the doctor had said. And then, he did tell me that it might be possible for her to see through this transplantation but she refused."

He rubbed his face "We all tried everything but she was very stubborn. The shock of the accident and her Mum's death had taken a turn in her life. The doctor told me that unless she was willing to see, there was nothing he could do."

After he left, i sat down trying to process all he had said.

Accident.

Mum's death

Her eyes

Possibility of her being able to see again

I sighed and smiled at the memory of the first day i had seen her. I couldn't take my eyes off her, apart from her beauty, her dark eyes had something in them that only me could see. It drew me to her.

I didn't even know that she couldn't see at first but after knowing that, i fell more for her.

I know that many might find me crazy or stupid. Think whatever you want but in my heart, i fell for this girl for the sake of Allah. And this is what love should be based on. I love her because she was worthy of being loved.