Sixteen

We woke up from our new beds with a smile. Me and chastial could finally stop sleeping on the couch, and to me, that was amazing.

"You ready to go hunting?" he asked. I gave him a teasing glare, both of us were still in our pjs. We quickly changed, and i braided my hair as he made breakfast. We ate the pancakes, leaving the rest on the table for when nalla and ethan awoke.

"Now i am ready" i said. He smiled, grabbing our bags and tossing mine to me, which i quickly hooked around my arms, along with my bow and arrow. We left the house, running towards the forest on silent feet.

We managed to kill the one deer this month, but i had a feeling we could soon increase that number. We also got a few rabbit, which we captured, not killed, adding them to our rabbit barn. We grabbed berries, of course we snuck a few into our mouths as well, giggling as we ate some and stuffed the rest into ziplocks.

We set the bags down, heading to lunch. It was nice, spaghetti actually, which made me smile. It was probably the last box, which meant we would be living off of nature for a while, which i was perfectly okay with, i did love berries afterall. Then we got ready for training. I gave nalla a hug and a kiss goodbye as we headed out, the radio stuck in chastial's backpack again.

We soon arrived, getting our weapon ready, bags tossed aside.

"You ready for your 243 lose?" he teased, making me roll my eyes. But i nodded, sliding into a crouch, a smirk sliding onto my face. I glanced at the sky again. For me, now, the blue meant survival. I had survived everything thrown at me.

I sat on the ground, breathing heavy, a small defeated smile on my face. Chastial sat beside me, panting as well, a hand on his knee. He had won the sparring match again, but i was getting closer to being even with him. Though, i was pretty sure he was training without me, he still seemed so far ahead.

The only sign that i was getting strong, was his heavy breathing. It was harder for him to block dodge and hit now, and that made me smirk. He stood up, holding a hand out to me, which i took, standing to my feet. He pressed play on the radio, hugging me tightly, my hands around his neck as we swayed.

We wondered around the green grass that sprouted from the forest floor in our training clearing. The memories of everything had me swimming with so many emotions. I looked at the brightside though. More than half of those memories were happy, and i knew i would hold onto them forever.

He dipped me, my long flowing brown hair grazing the floor, waving as he spun me, then pulled my back to his chest, a bright smile on both of our faces. We danced and danced, but we never seemed to tire. I imagined him in a tux, his hair styled and perfect.

I imagined me in a dress. A long flowing pale yellow dress, a purple bow wrapped around my waist. The dress flowed around me like ocean waves. The sun and wind moved through it, blending me with the background. I imagined my hair and beautiful braid, wrapped with purple ribbon.

We finally stopped dancing, both of us settling onto a cliff, looking over the tribe, the little radio beside me, turned off. I was leaning into his shoulder, his thumb tracing circle on my back. Then he turned to face me, his eyes shining as he looked at me. His face slowly leaned to mine, my eyes closing.

Our lips met in a soft gentle kiss. We danced again, but with our lips, laughing as we rolled down the hill, the radio forgotten at the top. We were in our dancing clothes again, his sparkling eyes above me.

"I love you winter" he whispered.

"I love you too" i said breathlessly. Then he kissed me again.