ten (alyssa pov)

I opened my eyes clutching my sagittarius necklace. I walked out of my room and into Winters room. She was already gone? I thought. Me and Nalla walked down the stairs into the cafeteria. I looked a our table and saw Ethan eating some fruit. I looked in the back where I saw Winter with Chastial eating in the far back table.

¨Did Winter say anything to you?¨ I asked Ethan sitting down with Nalla next to me.

He looked up at me from his fruit and said ¨No she just walked in with him and sat down with him.¨

¨oh, do you think she is hiding a secret¨ i whispered to Ethan so Nalla wouldn't hear.

Ethan leaned closer ¨I don't know but I heard Chastial is a Nightmare Zombie and that's why he is so powerful.¨ he Whispered.

I leaned back and looked at winter Intently wondering if thats why she was acting so weird and left with him to 'forage'. I hoped she wasn't lying to me or planning something....

I said goodbye to Nalla and left to the gate where I met Fatima. We went to gather more supplies. We took five trucks. We really needed the supplies after that zombie run in. We drove to many stores and I grabbed some more cat food for Maggie and Rusty.

When we got back to the stronghold everyone was very grateful that we had got more supplies. After that we went to lunch, all of us piling into the mess hall. This time Winter sat next to me, chastial nowhere in sight.

"So... where's your boyfriend?" i asked, my eyebrows raised. Her eyes glowed. My eyes widened, assessing her face. She looked different. She had no acne or face imperfections, her blondish brown hair was now darker, and her eyes, there was a small red ring around her pupil.

My eyes narrowed. How could she look so different in one day. I stood up, grabbing her arm, staring at it. Her arms was clear of acne too! And the scars from our childhood were healed.

"Alyssa? What are you doing?" she asked. Is that fear in her voice? My eyes narrowed further. Did she think i wouldn't notice? I didn't bug her though, pulling my hand away and leaning back in my chair, arms folded.

"I thought i saw something on your arm, guess it was nothing" i said. We finished lunch, i noticed winter glancing around nervously, her foot tapping on the floor. She didn't much of her mac and cheese or salad either.

She left as soon as she could, running of to 'train' with chastial. Ethan and me walked to the training room, Nalla skipping ahead.

"Something is weird about winter" i whispered to him. He gave i nod.

"I agree, it almost seems as if she is avoiding you, do you think she is hiding something?" he asked. I gave him a duh look.

"Yes." i whispered. He nodded again.

"What do you think it is?" he asked, holding open the doors to the huge training room for me.

"I am not sure, but i think chastial knows." i sighed. Why would she tell him and not me. "Wait, how do you know chastial is a nightmare zombie?" i asked.

"He has sharp teeth, fast reflexes, and apparently his eyes were glowing once when he was worked up" ethan explained. I nodded. I would have to test winter somehow.

While i trained, i thought of ways to test her. Her nails would be easy, i just have to ask her to draw something and rip the paper from her hand. Teeth would be harder, but i could check her toothbrush after she used it, it should be pretty scratchy if she tried to use it with sharp teeth. I would have to get her her worked up to see her eyes glow, then i can throw something t her and see if she reacts.

I smiled, wiping the sweat from my forehead, leaving the training room with Nalla trailing after me. Once in our room we set my plan into action. Winter walked into the room, both me and nalla grabbing her hands.

"Winter can you draw us together?" she asked. She looked at me, and i nodded quickly. She sighed, sitting on the bed, accepting the paper we handed her. She handed it delicately, as if it could rip any second, which made me smirk.

Suddenly i yanked the paper from her, her finger nail grazing the paper, cutting it easily. I held back my gasp. Holy crap those nails are sharp, but it didn't give me all the proof i needed.

"Sorry, i really wanted to see" i said. She nodded, giving me a small glare. Now for the next step in my plan. I gave her the paper back, running to my room and pulling out the small foam covered knife. I hid it in my pocket, grabbing another pencil as an excuse. "Here is a sharper pencil" i said, handing it to her, taking the dull one and going back to my room.

Then i threw the dagger towards her. She was a blur, moving out of the way, watching it embed itself into the wall she looked at me with wide glowing eyes.

So she was a nightmare zombie. I would have to confront her tomorrow cause she seems a little to stressed after this, if she truly was a zombie, i did not want to get my head bitten off.

"Alyssa, why did you do that?" she asked. She was using her mean voice, my eyes meeting her glare, the red circle around her pupil like an angry fire. I gulped.

"Because i wanted to" i muttered, crossing my arms as i fully faced her. She was in a crouched position, her teeth clenched. Suddenly, she stood straight. "I wont be back until after dinner, i hope you are asleep." she whispered, her fits clenching and unclenching, her mouth moving, whispering words i couldn't hear. Nalla's eyes widened, so she must have heard, i would have to ask.

Then Winter left, slamming the door, which cracked a little, her now brown red hair flicking as she left. I blinked, sitting on her bed and grabbing the dagger from the wall. Nalla sat next to me.

"What did she say?" i asked. She shook her head softly.

"Something regular winter wouldn't." she whispered. I wonder what she said, i bet it was one of her fake curses, or something, that nalla has never heard before. I poked her side.

"What did she say, you won't get in trouble" i said, giving her a small pleading, yet hopeful, smile. She sighed, leaning to my ear, cupping her tiny hands.

"She said the s word over and over again" she whispered. I gasped. How could she say that, she was always against cursing, so why would she say it with Nalla right next to her. Maybe it had something to do with her being a zombie.

"Let's go the the library, maybe they have a book about zombies." i suggested. Both of us stood up, walking over to the library and sitting at the desk, pulling out a few zombie books from the basket.

"Sissy, this one was written a few days ago, it is about all the different zombie!" Nalla said, sliding a book across the table. It only had a few pages though, and i wondered how much this could tell me about nightmare zombies