six-

"Begin."

The word rang through my ears, but I had no time to waste as she stepped towards me. I didn't want to block in case she removed my dagger from my grasp, so I dodged to the side, ducking away from her swing. With a breath, I slid back into my fighting crouch, purposely leaving my left side open.

She lunged, aiming her dagger right where I wanted her to. Her other hand was in a fist, prepared to strike me if I blocked her dagger. I danced to the side, stepping behind her. Amber's back was open to me, but I knew she was fast.

I moved quickly, my dagger as my shield as I attempted to ram my elbow into her kidneys. Before I knew what was happening, she had her body twisted and dagger up and quickly rushing towards me.

The foam met and squished together, out hands shaking as we pushed the small weapons close together. I ground my teeth together, taking a step forward. I had strength from farming and heavy work, I could win in a battle of arm strength.

I pushed my dagger into hers, watching her's slip from her hands and fly to the other side of the mats. She gasped a little, not prepared as I rushed forward, knocking back her hands and pressing the foam padding into her neck.

I didn't even smirk, only took deep breaths as I waited for her to surrender. She laughed, taking a step back, her hands up, but I didn't move from my crouched position. My adrenaline was high, my heart pounding loudly in my ears.

"You win," she whispered. I glanced up at her, nodding a little, standing up fully and wiping sweat from my forehead. She turned to the crowd, holding up one of my arms. "Winter has completed my training!" she shouted. Everyone clapped.

A man stood from the crowd, walking over to me with a small smirk, holding out his hand. I shook it. His dark hair and blue eyes were alluring, but I could feel something different about him.

"I am Chastial, your new trainer," he said. I offered a tired smile, following him into the crowd. He gave me a marker to add another stripe, which I did, then I turned back to the 'ring'. Alyssa stepped up to face Amber, a worried look on her face.

I nodded, giving her a thumbs up, then leaning against the wall to watch. She pulled out her dagger, slipping on the padding, then shaking hands with Amber.

I blinked, Amber hit her shoulder, and when Alyssa tried to go for her neck, her dagger was hit away. She gasped, stumbling, but Amber pushed her, Alyssa falling onto her butt, tears springing to her eyes. Amber held her dagger to her throat.

"Looks like I win," Amber said, then she stood up, turning her back to Alyssa, who was crying. Suddenly she stood up, turning on her heel and running from the room.

"Aly-" I was cut off by Ethan, who stood up, running after her, calling her name. I frowned, walking over to Nalla and helping her stand up. She looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Lyssa lost?" she asked. I nodded, patting her head softly and picking her up.

"Yes, wanna help me cheer her up?" I asked. She nodded, hugging my neck as I carried her to our room. I set her on the bed, pulling out a pencil and multiple pieces of paper. Then some scissors.

"What are we going to do?" Nalla asked, smiling a little as I handed her a pencil.

"We are going to make streamers, stuff them in her room, so when she opens the door she can be happy again," I explained. Nalla nodded quickly, coloring her paper blue, watching as I cut it into strips and made different piles of different colors.

"Wait," Nalla said, holding up her hand. I blinked, looking up to her from my cutting. "Won't she get a paper cut?" she asked. I laughed, shrugging a little.

"I dunno, but if she does, it's just another distraction," i said. Nalla gave me a weird look.

"Why would she need a distraction?" she asked. I blinked again.

"So she can be distracted from being sad," I told her. Nalla nodded thoughtfully.

"I know a good distraction," she said. I tilted my head a little, curious as to what ideas the little girl qould come up with. "She can go down my slide, or read a book." I nodded at her words, then laughed.

"I dunno, she might be too big to go down the slide, the slide is for little kids," Nalla huffed at my words, folding her arms.

"I am not a little kid!" she said defensively, waving her finger at me. "Get it right." Then she rolled her eyes. I laughed a little, kissing her nose.

"You're so cute." she giggled, pushing my face away.

"Okay okay, but stop the tickly kisses." I kissed both her cheeks, making her fall over in laughter. I started tickling her sides, the paper flying around us.

"Oh, I have an idea," I said, suddenly stopping. Nalla seemed relieved, wiping away her tears of laughter.

"What's your idea?" she asked, scooting away from me while she had the chance, not wanting me to tickle her again.

"I say when she comes in we scare her, then we tickle her," Nalla nodded eagerly at my idea, gathering the paper and setting it under the bed.

"Okay, we can save the streamers for a different time," Nalla suggested. I nodded, both of us standing beside the door.

"Okay, I will peek out, if I see her, we will wait okay?" I said, cracking the door open a little, twisting my head to both sides. The top of her head coming up the stairs made me smile. "Okay, she is on her way, get ready," I told her quitely, turning off the light.

We both stood at the door, waiting, her footsteps slowly getting louder. When the door open, I grabbed her hand, pushing her onto the bed, letting Nalla tickle her first, before I joined inm Alyssa laughed loudly, trying to push us unsuccessfully away.

After our tickle war, we played sorry for a little while before I and Alyssa put Nalla into bed. Then me and her sat on my bed, talking for a little while.

"You okay?" I asked, patting her shoulder. She nodded, giving me a hug.

"Thanks for cheering me up," she said, then she stood up, waving as she walked over to her room. "Goodnight Winter." She called, then she shut her door.

"Goodnight."

Feel free to suggest a song!