Fourteen- kindly calm me down

Two weeks passed, the days going by the same as they always did. The training got harder, which was impressive, since throwing logs was extremely damaging. I never lost control, which i was glad for. The only time i had come close was when ember wanted to spar with me. Spoiler alert, i won.

Today me alyssa and chastial were heading out. We were going to pick up her boyfriend and our little sister. Her words, not mine, though i doubt ethan agreed to it. I would be surprised if they even hugged when they see each other. I rolled my eyes, adjusting the heavy backpack on my shoulders.

"How much longer?" alyssa asked, her voice high pitched as she whined. Chastial sighed, making me glance back at him, watching him shake his head with a small laugh. We were currently on horses, alyssa in front chastial.

"Not to much more, about 15 mins" he said. He looked to me. "Let's speed up the pace." He said. I nodded, gently urging my smokey colored horse faster.

Soon we could see the gates to destiny in the distance, and I could tell Alyssa was smiling. We stopped the horses in the trees.

"Okay, you go in and lead Ethan and nalla out here, along with another horse" I said. Alyssa gave a nod, walking up the gates, waving to the guard, who gave her a smile, opening The gates and letting her in. I turned to chastial with a frown.

"Do you think they will come with us?"I asked quietly, glancing back to the gates with a small sigh. He nodded, patting his brown and white horse softly.

"Yes. Nalla will, for sure. She used to stick to you guys like glue" he said, his voice quiet. "Ethan probably will, if not for Alyssa then for nalla, he was probably the one taking care of her." He added. I hugged him.

I felt him stiffen under my touch, before he gently, awkwardly, patted my back. When I pulled away I gave him a smile.

"Thank you"

We waited for another 30 mins, Alyssa and two others walking toward us. One of them was nalla sized, the other Ethan sized, making me smile as I caught their familiar scents. The nalla sized person started running, her face coming into view as she leapt toward me, her arms wide, a huge smile on her tiny face.

"WINTER!" She shouted, wrapping her tiny arms around me with a giggle, digging her face into my neck. I hugged her tightly, picking her up and twirling around.

"Nalla! I missed you!" I said, poking her cheek softly. She grabbed my hand.

"I missed you too!" she said. I looked to alyssa.

"Where is the horse?" i asked. She shook her head.

"They would not let us take one." she said. I sighed, looking to chastial for any ideas.

"Well, you, me and nalla can ride on chestnut, since he is bigger, and those two can ride on nickel." he said. I nodded, watching him climb onto chestnut, holding out a hand to me, which i took, climbing on in front of him. Nalla was carried up by ethan, setting in front of me, my hands wrapped loosely around her waist.

I felt warm hands wrap around my waist too, making me blush a little as i grabbed the reins for chestnut. I heard a deep chuckle from behind me, making me blush more as i gently flicked the reins, chestnut starting a gallop, i could hear more horse hooves behind us as we headed toward the nightmare camp.

I looked back, making sure no one was following us in the forest, smiling when no one was in sight and no odd scents entered my nose. The horses got us back to the tribe in no time, all of us dropping them off and heading to the meeting table.

We waited for the rest of the council members to show, nalla and ethan introducing themselves, freya shaking their hands, leading the three humans away to where they would be working. Me and chastial headed out to train, for we still had some daylight left.

We spared in a leafy clearing, and I was getting closer to getting past his guards. I surprised him once, but he didn't underestimate me again.

"Your sure you cannot go easy on me?" I asked, offering him a smile. He sighed, leaning against a dark brown tree, the bark scraping at the training leathers we were. We had black, which meant we were archers.

"Nope. If I let my guard down for even a second you will notice, but I can give you one try" he said. He pushed off of the tree, pulling the dagger from one of the holders around his waist. My smile brightened.

"Okay!"I said, cheering a little, then sliding into a crouch, a smirk on my face. I made sure to seem cocky, to make him once again underestimate me, but I knew it would be hard to do.

"I will let guard once, for 3 seconds. If you can pin me, I will give you... something" he gave me a lopsided, teasing grin. I sighed, nodding a little.

"Okay" I said. Then we began. We danced around each other, neither landing a blow, only dodging the swaying daggers. Suddenly I watched his guard drop.

1... i pushed the dagger up from his stomach to his head, which made him stumble slightly.

2... i quickly wrapped my hands around his waist, tugging him to the ground, his eyes wide as he hit the dirt.

3... i sat on his stomach, one of his arms struggling to pin his legs, holding my dagger at his throat. What i did not notice, was the dagger aiming up at me.

"times up. Looks like we tied." he said, lowering his dagger, watching as i let my arms fall to my side, tucking my dagger back in it's clip.

"do i still get the surprise?"i asked hopefully, which made him sigh, his hand on his slight stubble.

"hmmm..."he hummed, standing up after I got off of him. "yes." he said, making my eyes light up. "stay here a moment" then he vanished into the circle of trees around us, leaving me to gaze after him.

I blinked, my blue eyes just staring into the green and brown of the tree for another few moment. Then i snapped out of it, shaking my head and sitting down on the orange red and brown leaves, the slight chill in the air hardly affecting my zombie body. I smiled. I could not wait for the white tufts of snow to start falling from the sky, my gaze looking at the reflected ocean blue, which was dotted with thin wispy clouds.

Beautiful.

Rustling entered my ears as chastial made himself known, wading through the lush undergrowth and sitting beside me, a small wrapped gift in his hands. Despite it not being close to my birthday, he still covered the gift in the yellow crinkly paper, a small purple bow placed on top. He gently set the box in my hands, giving my a small encouraging smile.

"T-thanks" i whispered, pulling the bow off and setting it on the soft grass. Then i started tearing at the paper, exposing a little cardboard box, which was not tapped, and easily pulled open. The object inside made the edges of my mouth spread to my eyes. It was a solar powered radio, a disk on top, labeled meghan trainor. I laughed a little as i pulled it out of the brown box, setting it on the floor and opening the cd slot. I popped the silver circle in, shutting it and pressing the on button.

"Kindly calm me down" suddenly started playing, my finger tapping to the rhythm. I turned to look at chastial, but he was already standing, a hand held out to me.

"Winter angel, will you let me have this dance?" he teased. I gave him a bright smile, my hand landing in his softly as he helped me to my feet, my hand on his shoulders, his hands around my waist. Then we started started spinning and twisted and swaying to the smooth music. We danced until the songed ended, then it switched to "no", making us both dance like crazy zombies. It was amazing.

The song ended, his hand grasping mine and pulling me to his chest. I stared into his eyes for a moment, his and mine pits of endless sparkle. Then i took a deep breath, stepping away and picking up the radio.

"Thank you, for the radio and the dance" i said, picking up the trash as well. He nodded, taking the box and wrapping paper from my hand and held my empty hand in his as we walked back to the camp.