Two- The Middle

We arrived at the gate to the stronghold, not a zombie in sight, which I was glad for. There were actually a lot of people, 15 gathered around the gate, waiting our arrive. At least I thought of it that way. They were probably more worried about the drivers.

Nalla sneezed, my head flicking to her, watching her head snuggle into Alyssa's chest with a sigh. I hoped Nalla wasn't getting a cold and tbat we three got to share a room or something. I loved them, they were like my sisters afterall.

"Welcome to destiny!" The woman yelled, everyone at the gates letting out three whoops. I was reassured by the presence of many guards posted around the fence. Alyssa smiled as the truck stopped, climbing out and holding out her hands. I set Nalla in them and jumped down after. We all still had our packs on though.

"Please follow me for a check up, just to make sure you are not infected," A lady said. She looked a lot like the woman from the truck, perhaps they were related. "Oh, my name is Hannah by the way."

We dropped our bags off with a group called the Raiders and followed Hannah through the gates and to a white building, most likely the medical wing. Nalla was between Alyssa and I, both of us swinging her as we walked. I still felt uneasy in this place, but would much rather be here than in the unsafe world of zombies.

"Where did you guys come from?" Hannah asked, her head turning over her shoulder to glance at us. I blinked. I wasn't to great at answering questions.

"Just a farm about 60 miles down the rode," Alyssa answered for me. I gave her a thankful smile. She knew all about my awkwardness.

"And what are your names?" Hannah asked, writing something on a clipboard while occasionally glancing at us.

"I am Winter, this is Alyssa and Nalla" I said pointing to both of them with a nervous smile. It was a little uncomfortable giving my name to a complete stranger and my awkwardness wasn't helping.

Hannah gave us a smile, leading us up a flight of stairs. She took us into a room with two showers, sitting us on a line of chairs next to an operation table.

"Okay, I need to check you for bites, but I need you to take a shower first, so I will leave and be back in 10 mins, please take a shower," She dipped her head, leaving her pen and clipboard at a desk and leaving the room, the lock clicking as she shut the door. She seemed pretty persistant on us being clean. Did we smell or something?

I turned to alyssa, who gave me a shrug, turning on the two showers and stripping. I rolled my eyes, pulling up a curtain in front of the door so if somebody came in they wouldn't see us showering. She was much braver than me with her body.

We washed ourselves, pulling on the clothes that were left on the desk. It was a white shirt with black leggings. I hoped I could get back into my regular clothes soon, I did not like looking so boring, and apparently Alyssa and Nalla didn't either.

While we sat Hannah check3d for wounds and both my sisters were pulling at their shirts, sighing every now and then in irritation.

"Alright, everyone looks good. We have training soon, that's why you are wearing those outfits, you will be joining to get a jump start for tomorrow," Hannah explained with a smile, seeming to notice our discomfort with the clothes.

Alyssa laughed nervously, Nalla giggling. I had thought about taking martial arts classes before, was this similar?

"Training? What kind?" Nalla squeaked excitedly, asking my internal question for me. Hannah laughed.

"Just some weapon training and how to avoid zombies. Everyday after lunch we have the class, it ranges for what we do though, you guys get the basic trainer named Ace. He only has a couple of students because most already know the basics of fighting." she explained. We nodded, my hand raising as if I was in class.