twelve-

23 nightmares sat at the round meeting table, the tribe leader sitting directly across from me.

"So, young nightmare, why have you brought a human?" she questioned. I explained the reason for alyssa, and the possible two other humans. she nodded thoughtfully, her frown fading. "I see, that would be good for the tribe, we do need more wild life, we could trade for animals, and the humans can help us not scare away the traders." she smiled, nodding.

"So?" i asked cautiously. she slapped her hand on the table.

"They can stay, and so can you, though, you will have to help out with chores and learn to fight." i nodded.

"Of course!" i said. I wondered what chores i would have to do.

"Okay, stand up" she said, standing up herself and walking over to me. "Open your arms, this is how i can tell what job you will do" she said. I nodded, opening my arms, holding them in the air. She looked at them for a moment.

"What is your evaluation ma'am?" i asked. She smiled.

"let's see, i would say you would be perfect for... archery, or hunting!" she said. I gave a worried smile, nodding. We both sat back down. She turned alyssa. "I think your idea is a great. I would like you to train though, for your safety. I have a warning for you though." she stood up, walking closer to alyssa and leaning into her face, flashing her fangs in a smirk. "Don't make anyone mad" she whispered, threat laced in her voice.

Alyssa nodded quickly, scooting a little closer to me with a frown. She laughed, walking silently back to her seat and sitting gracefully down.

"I am freya" she said with a smile, she pointed to two men beside her, the first with brown eyes flashing a smile, the second... "this is matthew and ember"

"Oh, so your name's ember huh?" i asked, leaning over the table towards him, not bothering to hide the growl in my voice. He was the one that doomed my fate. He gave me a smirk. Freya turned to him with a glare.

"Ember, what did you do this time?" she asked with a frown. He turned to her, waving to me.

"How about we let her explain, then i will tell you my story okay?" he asked. Freya growled, her hand curling into a fist, her voice darker.

"How about you don't act like the boss, yes?" she asked, leaning over him, the red line in her eyes glowing along with the dark green. He nodded quickly, making me and her smirk. She turned to me. "You will go first, because i don't believe much of what he says!" she shot him another glare.

"Well, at first he met me when i was alone, just saying he hoped to see me again" she nodded. "Then he met me right before the attack on the stronghold we were living in, and i quote, Something bad is going to happen today, be glad you friends are out of the fence today, he said!" i shouted. Freya turned a glare to ember again.

"What next?" she asked, i frowned.

"Well after i was bitten he came up to me again and asked if i was bitten, i denied it, because he said i couldn't be a nightmare. Then he suggested coming here and leaving my friends, he also said, when he thought i wasn't a zombie, that his lackies failed." i said. "Do lesser zombies listen to you?" i asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Yes, but it is rare to have that ability. " she sighed, shaking her head and running a hand through her hair, throwing it to the side in a curly black wave. She turned to ember with a frown. "Why did you want her to get bitten?" she asked.

"Well, remember sebastian?" he asked. Freya nodded, my head flicking between the two of them. "He said she was powerful, and would most likely turn into a sane zombie if beaten, because she had won against amber, so, we made a plan, which succeeded." he shrugged a little making me growl, clenching the arms of my chair to keep myself from lunging at him.