eight- copycat

I woke up sore, my arms burning, my back burning, my legs, everywhere. Chastial pushed me, and he didn't pull his punches. I eventually learned not to pull mine, but only managed to give him one good bruise.

I turned on the solar powered lights in the room, examining my arms. It was pretty bad, so I pulled on my sweatshirt and leggings to cover the worst of it. I stretched for a moment, my neck cracking a little. Alyssa's door squeaked open, my eyes flicking to it, watching her head poke out.

"You made it back, what time?" She asked, walking over to my bed and sitting down, watching me stretch.

"10:00 I think. Ugh I am so sore. It turned out his other students passed already, but i have no idea how anyone could, O only got one good punch on him, and I am covered in purple!" I complained, sitting next to her with a grunt. She laughed a little.

"Well, that sucks for you," she teased, barely touching my arm. I winced a little, but didn't show it. She went back into her room to get dressed, so I went to wake up Nalla, both cats laying at her feet. I smiled, touching her shoulder softly.

"Wake up Nalla, the breakfast bell will ring soon," I said, lifting her up into my arms.

I carried her to my bed, grabbing her outfit for her and helping her change. Then I let her crawl onto my back again, her head on my shoulder, her eyes closed a little. Alyssa walked out from her room, wearing her leathers.

"You taking off today?" she asked. I nodded, leading the way down stairs.

"I think I might help in the kitchen," I explained. No way was I putting myself in danger because I was sore. Alyssa nodded thoughtfully. We made it to breakfast, though Nalla had fallen asleep on my shoulder, so I grabbed some fruit for her. After we ate, Nalla and Alyssa left to their jobs, leaving me the last one in the mess hall.

The dude from before walked up to me, sitting across from me, sipping something from a fast food cup.

"Something bad is going to happen today, be glad you friends are out of the fence today," he said. I frowned.

"Nalla will be inside," I told him. He shook his head.

"Her class will be going out of the fence to learn about herbs today," he said with a smirk, his sharp teeth flashing again. Then he left. I was seriously starting to dislike him and the eerie way he spoke.

I sighed, shaking off the weird feeling he gave me, walking to the kitchen to help wash the food trays.

Suddenly, the warning bell started ringing, red light flashing around. The speakers started echoing a voice.

"Zombies have breached the stronghold." over and over again. Me and the whole kitchen staff huddled together, talking quickly.

"i want to help," I whispered. People I knew were out there, facing those creatures. If I could save them, I would. They nodded.

"Please lock the door on your way out, we will head to the roof," one lady said. I gave her a sharp nod, pulling out my dagger and running from the kitchen.

I locked the door, setting a chair in front just in case, then running outside, ready to dodge. There were about 17 zombies around, one of them was a runner.

I spotted a family of three getting rushed by a zombie, my heart picking up as I rushed between them. My dagger blocked the red stained teeth before I swiped the blade across its throat.

"You okay?" I asked, kicking the zombie with my foot, making him fall to his back. I pushed them toward the cafeteria. "Make sure to keep the doors closed unless a human needs to be let in!" I said, closing the door on them and turning around to help save more people.