Chapter 23

Layla's Pov
I hear Avery and Zoey talking. I walk out of the bathroom and say. "What tf you mean you not talking to him anymore." She rolls her eyes. "I been calling and texting him,but he hasn't been answering so," Zoey says. "You didn't even give him a chance to explain." Avery says. "I been calling him for 3 weeks straight and he hasn't been answering and what is there to explain." I sit next to her and say. "You should've been done with his ass on the first week." Zoey shakes her head. "Layla shut up and don't listen to her Avery," Avery says. "She's right but I have to go." She gets up and walks out the room. I look at Zoey and shake my head. a few hours later I get my phone and call Avery,but she doesn't answer. I look at Zoey. "I'm going to check on Avery cause she not answering the phone." She gets up and says. "Let's go." We walk outside and get in my car. I drive to Avery's house and Zoey says. "If Jackson there be nice." I shake my head. "I'm not making any promises." I continue driving and pull up at Avery's house. We get out and walk inside and I see Jackson.I say. "What tf are you doing here?" Zoey says. "Leave that boy alone he came over here for Avery not you." He gets up and says. "So she told y'all?" Zoey looks at him. "Yes She did." He says . "I know y'all mad at me too,but it was just one date it didn't mean shit." I look at him. "Oh,so you went on a date with another bitch." Jackson says. "Can y'all talk to her for me?" I glare at him. "Nigga I'm not talking to nobody for you." I turn around and see Avery. "You good?" She nods her head and Jackson says. "Avery just listen to me." She says. "Just leave Jackson." Zoey looks at her. "Avery talk to him." She shakes her head and says. "Why tf would I talk to him?" Zoey says. "Just let him explain." She looks at Zoey. "He can leave and you can too." She walks upstairs and I look at Jackson. "Nigga you heard her." He shakes his head and leaves. I walk upstairs and I knock on Avery's door. She opens the door and I walk in. "You know I'm here for you right?" She looks at me. "Yeah I know." I say. "Good,but why you didn't tell me." She looks at me. "I didn't know at first,but some girl told me." I shake my head. "Girl fuck him." She lays down in the bed and says. "The crazy part about all of this is that I was starting to fall for him." I shake my head. "Just forget him." She says. "Easier said than done."
Zoey's Pov
Avery walks in my room and sits in the bed. I sit up and look at her. "How are you and Jackson?" She says. "I'm not talking to him anymore." Layla walks out of the bathroom and says. "What tf you mean you not talking to him anymore." Avery rolls her eyes. "I been calling and texting him but he hasn't been answering so," I say. "You didn't even give him a chance to explain." Avery looks at me. "I been calling him for 3 weeks straight and he hasn't been answering and what is there to explain." Layla sits next to her and says. "You should've been done with his ass on the first week." I shake my head. "Layla shut up and don't listen to her Avery," She says . "She's right but I have to go." She gets up and walk downstairs. I get on my phone and text Andre and Layla looks at me. "I'm going to check on Avery cause she not answering the phone." I get up and say. "Let's go." We walk outside and get in her car. Layla drives to Avery's house and I say. "If Jackson there be nice." She shakes her head. "I'm not making any promises." She continues driving and pull up at Avery's house. We get out and walk inside and We see Jackson. Layla says. "What tf are you doing here?" I say. "Leave that boy alone he came over here for Avery not you." He gets up and says. "So she told y'all?" I look at him. "Yes She did." He says . "I know y'all mad at me too,but it was just one date it didn't mean shit." Layla looks at him. "Oh,so you went on a date with another bitch." Jackson says. "Can y'all talk to her for me?" I shake my head and Layla says. "Nigga I'm not talking to nobody for you." Layla turns around and says. "You good?" Avery nods her head and Jackson says. "Avery just listen to me." She says. "Just leave Jackson." I look at her. "Avery talk to him." She shakes her head and says. "Why tf would I talk to him?" I say. "Just let him explain." She looks at me. "He can leave and you can too." She walks upstairs and Layla looks at Jackson. "Nigga you heard her." He shakes his head and leaves. I walk outside with Jackson. "Jackson wait." He turns around and looks at me. "Wassup Zoey." I look at him. "Just give her some space she can be stubborn." He shakes his head. "You believe me right?" I nod my head. "I do,but you still shouldn't have went." He says. "You right." I say. "I'll try talking to her tho." He says. "I appreciate it." I walk back in the house and upstairs and into Avery's room. Layla looks at me. "Don't come in here trying to convince her to talk to him." I shake my head. "Look he feels bad and he says it didn't mean anything." Avery sits up and looks at me. "I don't want to talk about Jackson."