Chapter 12

Jackson's Pov
Avery's phone starts ringing and I look at her. "You're not going to get that?" she gets her phone out her jacket pocket and she shakes her head. "I'll call her back when I get home." We talk and get to know each other more and we finish our food. I pay the bill and we get up and walk out the restaurant. We get in my car and She looks over at me and smiles. I start the car and drive off and glance over at her. "What you smiling for?" She shakes her head. "No reason I'm still mad at you for calling me short." I shake my head. "I thought you said you wasn't mad." She glares at me. "Well I lied." I shake my head and I pull up at her house 30 minutes later and I look at her and say. "Let me walk you to your door and can I call you when I get home." She looks at me and says. "Yeah." We get out and I walk over to her and grab her hand. I walk her to her door and I walk back to my car and I get inside. I drive home and I hear my phone ringing. I get my phone and I answer it.
Phone convo
Caleb: how did the date go
Me: it went great
Caleb:y'all gone start dating soon
Me: we getting to know each other first
Caleb: good bro but you at home
Me: nah but I'm omw
Caleb: aight I'm about to slide thru
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I pull up in my driveway 30 minutes later and I get out and walk inside my house. I sit on the couch and I get my phone and dial Avery's number and wait for her to answer.
Phone convo
My bae😻❤️👑: hi
Me: I just wanted to check on you
My bae😻❤️👑: that's nice of you and I'm good
Me: why you sound like you mad
My bae😻❤️👑: cause Layla playing
Me: tell her to stop making my bae mad
My bae😻❤️👑: boy ok
Me: you didn't deny it
My bae😻❤️👑: ok Jackson bye
Me: bye bae I'll see you tomorrow
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I hear a knock on the door. I get up and open it and I see Caleb. I let him in and I walk back over to the couch and sit down. Caleb walks in and looks at me. "Nigga you happy you got a girl." I look at him. "She not my girl yet."
Layla's Pov
I look at Zoey. "Let's go over Avery's house." She looks at me. "She not even at home yet." I get up and grab my keys and walk outside. I get in my car and I wait on Zoey. She walks out and gets in the car. I look at her and say. "You know you want to know how the date went." She looks at me. "I do so hurry up and get to her house." I pull up at her house and get out.
I get my house key out and walk inside. I yell Avery's name and me Zoey walk in her room. She looks at me. "Damn why you yelling?" Zoey looks at her. "Someone's glowing." I look at her. "Ooh bih you like him." She rolls her eyes.
"Don't even start." I lay across her bed and look at her. "Let me see your phone." She shakes her head and hands me her phone. I go through her messages. Zoey looks at her. "Do you like him?" She shrugs. "I honestly don't know." I look at her and grin. She snatches her phone from me and it rings. She glares at me and answers her phone. She hangs up a few minutes later and shakes her. Zoey looks at her and says. "Mhm that was future bae." She rolls her eyes and looks at me. "Yeah girl that's why she blushing and shit." I say. "Ok why y'all come over here and Layla give me back my damn house key." I look at her. "I don't have it Zoey got it." She glares at me. "Why you lying I know you got it." Zoey looks at me and then at her. "We should go on a double date?" Avery looks at her. "I'm not going on a date." I look at her."You need to go." Avery looks at me and says. "I'm not going." I shake my head. "You going." Avery rolls her eyes and says. "Damn why you want me to go on a date so bad." I look at her. "Cause you and Jackson got a thing for each other and y'all cute together."