Chapter 8

Layla's Pov
I get up and I put on my shoes and I grab my phone and keys. I walk downstairs and I see Avery and Jackson. " Hmm I see you two getting cozy." Avery looks at me and rolls her eyes. Jackson says. "She acting like she don't want me to hold her." Avery looks up at him and She rolls her eyes. I look at her. "Y'all cute." She looks at me . "Where you going all dressed up like that?" I shake my head and I and I walk outside and get in my car. I drive off and I turn on the radio. I drive to my mom's house. I pull up at her house and I get out the car and walk up to her house and knock on her door. I wait for her to open the door and she opens the door and I walk in the house and I look around. "Where is everybody?" She shakes her head. "Your brother's are at football practice and your sister well she's at cheerleading practice." I nod my head and I sit down on the living room couch.
Zoey's Pov
I look over at Eric and say. "I'll see you tomorrow." He gets out the car and I drive off. I get my phone and I call Layla and wait for her to answer.
Phone convo
Me: wassup
Lay👑: mhm I see you not with your boo
Me: hush and it's not like that
Lay👑: uh huh sure it isn't
Me: anyways Avery going out with Jackson tonight
Lay👑: girl you fr
Me:yeah girl,he taking her to a dinner and a movie
Lay👑: damn my bih got a date it's about time
Me: I know and I thought she was going to be mad at you
Lay👑: now you know she knows
Me: I know I talked to her earlier
Lay👑: she'll thank us later
Me: I know but he better not fuck up
Lay👑: he seems like a great guy
Me: yeah but ima hit you back later
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I drive to McDonald's. I pull up in the drive through and I order me a Big Mac meal and I pay for it and I get my bag and my drink and I drive off. I turn on the radio and I eat some of my fries. I drive home and I pull up in my driveway 30 minutes later and I grab my food and get out.
Avery's Pov
I get up and look at him. "We have to go to my house cause I don't have any clothes here." He looks at me. "Ok I'll take you home." I shake my head. "My car outside I don't need a ride." He stands up and looks at me. "Okay but how you gone lock her door." I look at him and grab my keys. "With my keys duh now come on." I walk out the door and He follows behind me and I close and lock the door. He walks me to my  car and He helps me inside. I start my car and he looks at me. "Just follow me." He nods his head and He walks to his car and get inside. He drives over to me and He waits for me to back out and I back out of the parking space and I drive off and He follows behind me. I turn on the radio and I drive home. I hear my phone ringing and I glance down and answer it.
Phone convo
Me: wassup
Suh boo🙄: where you at?
Me: I'm omw home
Suh boo🙄: mhm so it's true then
Me: what's true?
Suh boo🙄: you and Jackson about to go on a date
Me: didn't nobody tell you that but Zoey and it's not a date
Suh boo🙄: that's what you think
Me:it's not and we just hanging out
Suh boo🙄:you don't think it's a date but maybe he does
Me: girl whatever now bye
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I pull in my driveway 20 minutes later and Jackson pulls up beside me. I get out and I wait on him to get out. He walks over to me and I walk up to the front door and I unlock the door and walk inside. Jackson follows behind me and I turn around and look at him. "Make yourself at home and I'll be right back." I walk upstairs and I walk in my room. I walk in the bathroom and I turn on the shower and I wait for it to get hot. I pin my hair up and I brush my teeth. I take off my clothes and get in the shower. I take a shower and get out 30 minutes later and turn the shower off. I wrap my towel around my body and I walk out the bathroom and go in my closet. I dry off and find me something to wear and I put it on.

I walk out the closet and go back in the bathroom and I take my hair down and brush it

I walk out the closet and go back in the bathroom and I take my hair down and brush it. I walk out the bathroom and I grab my phone and keys and I walk downstairs. I look at Jackson. "I'm ready." I walk over to him and he grabs my hand and we walk outside. I lock my front door and Jackson walks me to the car and he helps me in. I get in the car and put on my seatbelt and he walks around to the drivers side and he gets in. I look at him and say. "What movie are we going to see?" He glances over at me. "Slender Man." I glare at him and say. "Oh hell no, who watching that?" He laughs and says. "You gone be okay." I shake my head. "You watching that by your damn self, I'm not watching that." He shakes his head and drives to the movie theater. I look over at him. "I'm not playing Jackson, I'm dead ass." He nods his head. "Ok we'll find another movie to go see." He pulls up in the parking lot and we get out and he walks over to me and holds my hand. I look up at him and he smiles at me. I look at him. "What?" He shakes his head and we walk up to the ticket booth and he asks for 2 tickets to "The Spy Who Dumped Me", the lady hands him the tickets and he pays. We walk inside the theater and he looks at me and says. "Do you want anything?" I look at him and say. "I got it, I'll pay for my snacks." He shakes his head. "Nah I got you, just tell me what you want?" I look at him and say. "Just get me some popcorn and a coke." He nods his head and he walks up to the concession stand and waits in line. He orders my popcorn and coke and I wait on him. He gets my stuff and he walks back over to me and we walk to theater room. We walk further in the theater room and we find some seats and sit down. Jackson looks at me and hands me my popcorn and drink. I start eating my popcorn and we wait for the movie to start.