Chapter 15

Layla's Pov
Avery hangs up the phone and I look at her. "I'm picking out your outfit." She looks at me and shakes her head. "I'm picking out my own outfit." She gets up and walks in the bathroom. Zoey looks at me and says. "I want to see how they are around each other." I look at her and say. "You better tell me all the details when y'all get back." She nods her head. "I gotcha." Avery walks out the bathroom and goes in the closet. I look at her and say. "Make sure you get to know Jackson before she starts falling for him." Zoey looks at me. "You know I got my girl." Avery walks out the closet and I look at her. "Ok I guess that outfit is okay." Zoey looks at me and says. "She gone wear whatever she wants just let it go." I shake my head. someone knocks on the door and Avery looks at Zoey. "That's your boyfriend?" She shakes her head. "I don't know." Avery walks downstairs and me and Zoey walk downstairs. I look at Jackson and say. "Wassup Jackson." Avery rolls her eyes. "Y'all not becoming best friends." Jackson looks at her and says. "Aww you don't want to share me." I look at her and say. "Don't be jealous Avery." 
Jackson's Pov
Avery looks at me and say. "Why you quiet?" I look at her and say. "No reason I'm just thinking." She says. "If you want to talk about something I'm here for you." I nod my head and Zoey looks back and says. "We going out to eat if that's ok with you and Jackson." She nods her head and gets on her phone. I look over at her and say. "Bae why you all in your phone like that?" She looks up from her phone and looks at me. "Boy I'm not your bae and business dang." I look at her and say. "You lucky I don't feel like playing rn." She shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "I'm texting Layla boy." Eric pulls up in Applebee's parking lot and we get out and walk inside. Zoey looks at me. "So you and Avery?" I look at her and say. "What about us?" She says. "You won't play her right?" I say. "Why would I play her?" She says. "I'm just saying." I see Avery walking off and I follow behind her and grab her hand. She turns around and looks at me. I say. "You okay?" She nods her head and says. "I'm fine." The waitress walks over to us and we follow her to the table. I sit down and look through the menu. I look at her and then at Zoey. I whisper to Zoey. "What's up with Avery?" She looks at me and shakes her head. "I don't know." I look at Avery and say. "Why you being quiet what's up with you?" She looks up from her menu and looks at Eric and then at me. "I'm not being quiet." I shake my head and the waitress comes and takes our orders and Eric looks at me. "Bro she good cause she being quiet asf." I shrug and Zoey says. "What y'all whispering about?" Eric says. "Nothing I just asked him was his girl good?" Avery looks up and rolls her eyes. I look at Eric. "Bro What you say to her cause you was the last person to talk to her." He shakes his head. "Nothing." Avery gets up and I look at Zoey. Zoey gets up and says. "I got this."  I look at Eric. "You said something to her so don't lie."