Chapter 11

Jackson's Pov
Avery moves closer to me and lays her head on my shoulder. I look down at her and back at the screen. She looks up at me and say. "Thank you, I'm having a great time." I look down at her and say. "I'm glad you're having a great time." She looks at me and then back at the screen. The movie ends and She gets up and waits on me. I stand up and grab her hand and we walk out the movie theater together. We walk outside and I open the car door for her. She gets in and I close her door and walk around to the driver's side and I get in and She looks over at me and say. "Where we going to eat at?" I start the car and glance over at her. "It's a surprise." She shakes her head and She looks out the window. I drive off and She looks over at me. "Can I ask you something?" I glance over at her and say. "Yeah." She looks at me and say. "What do you do?" I glance over at her and say. " I'm a entrepreneur." She says. "Mhm that's good to know." I drive to Red lobster and say. "I hope you like lobsters." She looks at me and nods her head. I pull up in the parking lot and I get out and walk around to Avery's side and I help her get out. She looks at me and smiles. "Thank you." I grab her hand and we walk inside Red Lobsters and wait to be seated. I look at her and say. "You know you're really short." She glares at me and pushes me softly. "I'm not short ." She pouts and I turn her towards me. "Your shorter than me." She rolls her eyes and the waiter comes over to us and we follow her to our table. We sit down and Avery looks at the menu. I stare at her for a few minutes and she looks up from her menu and says. "Why you looking at me like that?" I shake my head and the waiter comes over to us and I say. "We'll have two Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo's with a sprite and a coke." The waiter walks off and Avery looks at me and says. "How you going to order for me?" I look at her. "Don't tell me you mad at me for calling you short." She glares at me. "I'm not mad at you cause I'm not short." I say. "Mhm But Tell me Avery how come you're still single." She looks at me and says. "Cause niggas ain't shit." I look at her. "Not all niggas are like that." The waiter brings us our food and I look at Avery. She looks at me. "So you're trying to tell me you not like that." I nod my head. "I'm not."
Layla's Pov
She looks at me and says. "Where's Avery?" I look at her. "She's on a date." My mom walks in and says. "It's about time." I shake my head and I get up and walk out the house. I get in my car and I drive home. I turn on the radio and I drive to Zoey's house. I pull up at her house and I get out. I walk up to her house and I knock on her door. She opens the door and looks at me. "Girl what you doing here?" I look at her and say. "I had to come over since Avery still not at home." She looks at me. "Well damn." She steps to the side and lets me in. I walk in the house and I look around. "Where yo new boo at?" She shakes her head. "Girl he at home." I shake my head and I walk in the kitchen. "Girl where the snacks at?" She walks in the kitchen and looks at me. "I don't have any thanks to you and Avery." I turn around and look at her. "Now you know that be Avery eating yo snacks." I get my phone and I try calling Avery again but she doesn't answer. "Her date must be going good." She looks at me and says. "Stop calling her girl." I say. "I'm just trying to see if she good." She shakes her head and I walk out the kitchen and I sit down on the couch and turn on the tv.
Avery's Pov
We pull up in the parking lot and He gets out and walk around to my side and he helps me get out. I look at him and smile. "Thank you." He grabs my hand and we walk inside Red Lobsters and wait to be seated. He looks at me and say. "You know you're really short." I glare at him and push him softly. "I'm not short ." I pout and He turns me towards him. "Your shorter than me." I roll my eyes and the waiter comes over to us and we follow her to our table. We sit down and I look at the menu. He stares at me for a few minutes and I look up from my menu and say. "Why you looking at me like that?" He shakes his head and the waiter comes over to us and He says. "We'll have two Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo's with a sprite and a coke." The waiter walks off and I look at him and say. "How you going to order for me?" He looks at me. "Don't tell me you mad at me for calling you short." I glare at him. "I'm not mad at you cause I'm not short." He says. "Mhm But Tell me Avery how come you're still single." I look at him and say. "Cause niggas ain't shit." He looks at me. "Not all niggas are like that." The waiter brings us our food and he looks at me and I look at him back. "So you're trying to tell me you not like that." He nods his head. "I'm not." I look at him and I start eating my food. My phone starts ringing and Jackson looks at me. "You're not going to get that?" I get my phone out my jacket pocket and I look at the caller Id and I shake my head. "I'll call her back when I get home." We talk and get to know each other more and we finish our food. Jackson pays the bill and we get up and walk out the restaurant. We get in his car and I look over at him and smile. He starts the car and drives off and he glances over at me. "What you smiling for?" I shake my head. "No reason I'm still mad at you for calling me short." He shakes his head. "I thought you said you wasn't mad." I glare at him. "Well I lied." He shakes his head and he pulls up at my house 30 minutes later and he looks at me and says. "Let me walk you to your door and can I call you when I get home." I look at him and say. "Yeah." We get out and he walks over to me and grabs my hand. He walks me to my door and I get my keys out and unlock the door. I walk inside and I close and lock the door behind me. I walk upstairs and I go in my room and walk in my bathroom and I turn on my shower and I wait for it to get hot. I pin my hair up and I take off my clothes and shoes and I get in the shower. I take a shower and get out 30 minutes later. I wrap my towel around my body and I walk out the bathroom. I dry off and put on a tank top with some shorts. I get my phone and I call Layla and wait for her to answer.
Phone convo
Me: why you called me so many times
Suh boo🙄:we was trying to see how the date went
Me: we? Let me guess Zoey with you and it wasn't a date
Suh boo🙄: yeah she with me and it was a date
Me: i had a great time but it wasn't a date
Suh boo🙄: let me ask you this then
Me: ask me what
Suh boo🙄: did he pay for the date
Me: girl it wasn't a date but yes he did
Suh boo🙄: did he walk you to your door afterwards
Me: yes and no he didn't kiss me
Suh boo🙄: it was a date Avery but me and Zoey about to slide thru
Me: whatever and aight
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I get in the bed and I turn on the tv. I hear Layla yelling and I roll my eyes. Layla and Zoey walk in my room. I look at Layla. "Damn why you yelling?" Zoey looks at me. "Someone's glowing." I roll my eyes. "Don't even start." Layla lays across my bed and looks at me. "Let me see your phone." I shake my head and I hand her my phone. Zoey looks at me. "Do you like him?" I shrug. "I honestly don't know." Layla looks at me and grins and I snatch my phone from her and it rings. I glare at Layla and I answer it.
Phone convo
Me: hi
Jackson😭😍: I just wanted to check on you
Me: that's nice of you and I'm good
Jackson😭😍: why you sound like you mad
Me: cause Layla playing
Jackson😭😍: tell her to stop making my bae mad
Me: boy ok
Jackson😭😍: you didn't deny it
Me: ok Jackson bye
Jackson😭😍: bye bae I'll see you tomorrow
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I shake my head. Zoey looks at me. "Mhm that was future bae." I roll my eyes and Layla looks at me. "Yeah girl that's why she blushing and shit." I say. "Ok why y'all come over here and Layla give me back my damn house key." She looks at me. "I don't have it Zoey got it." I glare at her. "Why you lying I know you got it." Zoey looks at her and then at me. "We should go on a double date?" I look at her. "I'm not going on a date." Layla looks at me. "You need to go."