Chapter 14

Zoey's Pov
I hear a knock on the door and I get up and walk downstairs. I open the door and look at Layla. "Girl what you doing here?" She looks at me and says. "I had to come over since Avery still not at home." I look at her. "Well damn." I step to the side and let her in. She walks in the house and looks around. "Where yo new boo at?" I shake my head. "Girl he at home." She shakes her head and walks in the kitchen. "Girl where the snacks at?" I walk in the kitchen and look at her. "I don't have any thanks to you and Avery." She turns around and look at me. "Now you know that be Avery eating yo snacks." She gets on her phone. "Her date must be going good." I look at her and say. "Stop calling her girl." She says. "I'm just trying to see if she good." I shake my head and She walks out the kitchen and sits down on the couch and turn on the tv. She looks at me. "Let's go over Avery's house." I look at her. "She not even at home yet." She gets up and walks outside and I follow behind her. We get in the car and she looks at me and says. "You know you want to know how the date went." I look at her. "I do so hurry up and get to her house." She drives to Avery's house and I look out the window. She pulls up at her house and we get out. She gets her key and unlock the door and we walk inside. Layla yells Avery's name and I shake my head and we walk upstairs in her room. She looks at Layla . "Damn why you yelling?" I look at her. "Someone's glowing." She looks at me. "Ooh bih you like him." She rolls her eyes.
"Don't even start." Layla lays across her bed and looks at her. "Let me see your phone." She shakes her head and hands layla the phone. I look at her. "Do you like him?" She shrugs. "I honestly don't know." She snatches her phone from Layla and it rings. I get my phone and I text Eric. Avery hangs up the phone a few minutes later and shakes her head. I look up from my phone and I look at Avery and say. "Mhm that was future bae." She rolls her eyes and looks at layla. "Yeah girl that's why she blushing and shit." She says. "Ok why y'all come over here and Layla give me back my damn house key." Layla looks at her. "I don't have it Zoey got it." I glare at her. "How you just gone lie on me like that." Avery glares at her. "Why you lying I know you got it." I look at Layla and then at Avery. "We should go on a double date?" Avery looks at me. "I'm not going on a date." Layla looks at her."You need to go." Avery looks at her and says. "I'm not going." Layla shakes her head. "You going." Avery rolls her eyes and says. "Damn why you want me to go on a date so bad." Layla looks at her. "Cause you and Jackson got a thing for each other and y'all cute together." Avery gets on the phone and I text my boyfriend. Avery hangs up the phone and Layla looks at her. "I'm picking out your outfit." She looks at her and shakes her head. "I'm picking out my own outfit." She gets up and walks in the bathroom. I look at Layla and say. "I want to see how they are around each other." She looks at me and says. "You better tell me all the details when y'all get back." I nod my head. "I gotcha." Avery walks out the bathroom and goes in the closet. Layla looks at me and says. "Make sure you get to know Jackson before she starts falling for him." I look at her. "You know I got my girl." Avery walks out the closet and Layla looks at her. "Ok I guess that outfit is okay." I look at her and say. "She gone wear whatever she wants just let it go." Layla shakes her head. I look at Avery and say. "I'm just gone wear what I got on." She nods her head and someone knocks on the door and Avery looks at me. "That's your boyfriend?" I shake my head. "I don't know." She walks downstairs and me and Layla walk downstairs. Layla looks at Jackson and says. "Wassup Jackson." Avery rolls her eyes. "Y'all not becoming best friends." Jackson looks at her and says. "Aww you don't want to share me." I walk outside and I see Eric pulling up. He gets out and the car and I look at him. "Don't come in here with all that either. I walk in the house and Eric follows behind me.
I say. "Eric this Avery and her man Jackson." She glares at me and Jackson looks at him. "Wassup bro." Eric looks at him and they walk off and start talking. Avery shakes her head and I look at her. "They gone become homeboys." She looks at me. "Why you tell that boy that me and Jackson dating?" I say. "Because it's going to be true soon." She shakes her head and We walk outside and get In Eric's car. I look back at Avery. "We going out to eat if that's ok with you and Jackson." She nods her head. I turn on the radio and I look over at Eric and he drives off.
Avery's Pov
I look at Jackson and say. "Why you quiet?" He looks at me and says. "No reason I'm just thinking." I say. "If you want to talk about something I'm here for you." He nods his head and Zoey looks back at me. "We going out to eat if that's ok with you and Jackson." I nod my head and I get on my phone. Jackson looks over at me and says. "Bae why you all in your phone like that?" I look up from my phone and I look at him. "Boy I'm not your bae and business dang." He looks at me and says. "You lucky I don't feel like playing rn." I shake my head and roll my eyes. "I'm texting Layla boy." I put my phone up and I look out the window. Eric pulls up in Applebee's parking lot and we get out and walk inside. Eric looks at me and says. "So you and Jackson." I look at him. "What about me and Jackson?" He looks at me and says. "I just met him and I can tell he really feeling you." I say. "I know he is."He says. "you feeling him like he's feeling you?" I look at him. "No offense but that's none of your business." I walk off and Jackson follows behind me and grab my hand. I turn around and look at him. He says. "You okay?" I nod my head and say. "I'm fine." The waitress walks over to us and we follow her to the table. I sit down and look through the menu.