Chapter 5

Layla's Pov
I get up and I hear my phone ringing and I answer it.
Phone convo
Suh 🅿️💯: where you at?
Me: I'm at home why
Suh🅿️💯: aight I'm about slide thru
Me: nah girl ima meet you at the park
Suh🅿️💯: don't be with the shits now
Me: why you always thinking i be with the shits
Suh🅿️💯: cause I know you and you do be with the shits
Me: girl bye and just meet me at the park
Suh🅿️💯: aight bye
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I get up and walk downstairs. I sit on the couch and I turn on the tv and I put it on Netflix. I hear my phone ringing and I answer it and see that it's Zoey.
Phone convo
Zoe Zoe 😜❤️: Did Avery go to the park yet
Me:not yet but she on her way there
Zoe Zoe 😜❤️: Ooh when she get there she gone call you
Me:no she not cause she gone be too busy talking to Jackson
Zoe Zoe 😜❤️: nah she gone be mad at you
Me: she gone be mad at us both cause you played a part in it too but I'll holla at you later
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I start back watching tv. I get up and walk in the kitchen and I get me a bag of chips. I walk out the kitchen and I sit down on the couch and I start back watching tv. 1 hour later
I fall asleep on the couch and I wake up and I get my phone and check the time. I dial Avery's number and I wait for her to answer.
Phone convo
Suh🅿️💯: you think you slick
Me: What you talking about
Suh🅿️💯: you was never coming to the park
Me: I'm sorry but I had to do it
Suh🅿️💯: he's actually really sweet and a gentleman
Me: I knew it bih but come over and tell me everything
Suh🅿️💯: nah cause you with the shits
Me: girl you know you want to tell me what happened
Suh🅿️💯: aight I'm about to slide thru
Me: aight
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I hear Avery pull up in my driveway and I get up and open the door.
She walks up to the front door and She walks inside and look at me. "Hmm I knew you was with the shits yesterday." I look at her and say. "But you had fun with him right?"She looks at me and say. "We just talked." I shake my head. "Mhm." She rolls her eye and I close the door and I walk in the living room and sit down and she follows behind me and She checks her phone. I look at her and say. "I wonder who that is?" She glares at me and say. "None of your business." I walk over to her and snatch her phone. "Ooh it's your new man." She gets up and snatches her phone back. "Mind your own damn business and he's not my new man." I look at her and say. "But he will be." She looks at me and shakes her head. She gets a phone call and she gets up and goes upstairs. I shake my head and I walk upstairs and I yell Avery's name. "You staying over tonight, and tell Jackson I said hi." She peeps her head out the door and says. "Yeah but call Zoey, we can have a girls night in." I say. "Okay." I walk downstairs and I get my phone and text Zoey and tell her to come over.
Zoey's Pov
I get woken up out my sleep by my phone going off and I get up and I answer it.
Phone convo
Lay👑: wassup
Me: wassup what you getting into today
Lay👑: I'm bout to slide thru on Avery
Me aight come and slide thru on me first cause you know her ass probably still sleep
Lay👑: that's what I got a house key for
Me: she took mines back, ain't no way she let you keep yours
Lay👑: she didn't, she took mine too but I snuck and got it back
Me: she gone beat yo ass
Lay👑: she'll be aight but I'm bout to come and slide thru
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I get up and I walk in the bathroom and turn on the shower. I take off my clothes and pin my hair up and I get in the shower. I take a shower and I get out 30 minutes later. I dry off and I walk out the bathroom and I put on my clothes. I hear Layla blowing and I grab my phone and keys and I walk downstairs. I walk outside and I get in the car. Layla looks at me and says. "What took you so long?"I look at her and say. "Girl I had to get ready." She shakes her head and pulls out the driveway and We pull up in Avery's driveway and we get out and we walk inside and go upstairs in Avery's room. Layla yells loudly and Avery groans and gets up and She glares at us. "Y'all better have a good ass explanation for waking me up." She sits up and gets her phone and checks the time. Layla looks at her and say. "Girl its 1 something in the afternoon and you been in this house all week." I look at her. "Get up we going to the mall."She lays back down and gets under the cover. "No go away." Layla walks over to her and snatches the covers off her. "Avery Nicole Carter get yo lazy ass up." She glares at her and gets up and walks in the bathroom and turns on the shower. She looks at Layla. "Don't be calling my whole name like that bih." I get up and walk in the closet. She opens the door and walks out the bathroom and She looks at me. "Girl who wearing that?" I look at her. "You are Avery now dry off and go and put these on." She rolls her eyes. "I can pick out my own clothes." She walks in the bathroom and Layla looks at me. "We finding her a man at the mall." I look at her and say. "She peep everything so we got to be extra sneaky." She looks at me and say. "I know." Avery walks out the bathroom and looks at us. Layla looks back at her. "You ready?" We all walk out the room and go downstairs and we get in my car and I drive to the mall. I look back at Avery and say. "Girl all the niggas gone want you." She glares at me and rolls her eyes. Layla looks back and say. "Now you know she not gone give them the time of day." She glares at Layla. We pull up at the mall 30 minutes later and we all get out.  We walk inside the mall and I drag them to the Gucci store. Avery rolls her eyes and we walk inside the store and Layla walks over to Avery and I look at them and say. "Let's go I don't want anything out of here anymore." Avery shakes her head and we walk out the store and Avery bumps into some tall light skin dude. She looks up at him and say. "I'm sorry." He looks at her and say. "Nah you good I wasn't paying attention." She softly smiles and walk off. We walk in Forever 21 and She looks at Layla. "Don't start." Layla looks at her and puts her hands up in surrender. "I didn't even do anything." She looks at Layla and says. "I'm just letting you know before you start." Avery walks off and Layla walks over to me. "You know the man she bumped into?" I look at her and nod my head. Layla looks at me and say. "Well I gave him Avery's number,so he'll be calling or texting her soon." I shake my head. "She gone be mad at you." She looks at me. "She'll thank me later tho." I walk off and Avery follows behind me and She looks at me. "ok bih what the fuck you and Layla got going on?" I look at her. "Nothing Avery." She looks at me and say. "Y'all not slick. Layla walks over to us and Avery looks at her. "Mhm so you gave him your number." She looks at Avery and say. "Something like that." Avery glares at her. "Ok y'all better start talking now." Layla looks at Avery and say. "Girl you trippin' cause we don't have anything to tell you." Avery looks at her and Her phone dings.
Jackson's Pov
I see Avery pulling up and I get out my car and walk over to her. She looks at me and I say. "Layla didn't tell you did she?" She looks at me. "Let me guess she's not coming,it's just going to be me and you." I nod my head and She walks over to the bench and sit down. I look at her and follow behind her and sit next to her. She looks at me and say. "Why you so interested in me?" I look at her. "Because Avery you're different and I just want to get to know you." She looks at me and say. "So you just want to get to know me and that's it." I look at her and nod my head. She says. "Mhm ok I guess you can get to know me." I look at her and say. "Thank you but can i ask you something?" She looks at me and say. "I guess you can." I say. "Why you think all niggas are the same?" She looks at me. "Because they are, niggas ain't shit to be honest." I look at her and say. "That's not true Avery,not all niggas are the same." She looks at me. "So you're different?" I nod my head and She says. "Then tell me this Jackson,Why are you still single." I look at her and say. "Because my last girlfriend cheated on me with one of my homeboys." She looks at me. "So you never cheated on her at all?" I shake my head and say. "no and I never thought about it either." She looks at me. "Mhm ok." I shake my head. "You don't believe me do you?" She looks at me. "I didn't say that it's just hard to believe that's all." I look at her and say. "Why,not all dudes cheat Avery." She looks at me and say. "I know they don't but the ones I've dated have." I look at her. "Well you've been dating the wrong niggas." We stay at the park for awhile and just talk. I stand up and get my phone out my pocket and check the time. "It's getting late let me walk you to your car." She gets up and looks at me and She starts walking to her car. I follow behind her and I open the door for her. She gets in the car and looks at me. "Thank you." I say. "You're welcome." I watch her drive off and I walk to my car and I get inside and drive home. I pull up in my driveway 30 minutes later and I get out the car and walk inside my house. I close and lock the door and I walk upstairs in my room. I get my phone and I call Avery and wait for her to answer.
Phone convo
My bae😻❤️👑: Hi
Me: I was calling to make sure you made it home safely
My bae😻❤️👑: well thank you and yes I did
Me: that's good and what you doing tomorrow
My bae😻❤️👑: nothing why
Me: i was hoping we can hang out again
My bae😻❤️👑: mhm I guess
Me: you guess
My bae😻❤️👑: I'm just playing boy
Me: mhm I'll see you tomorrow then ima let you get some sleep
My bae😻❤️👑: ok I'll see you tomorrow bye
End of convo
I hang up the phone and I walk in the bathroom and I turn on the shower and wait for it to get hot. I take off my clothes and I get in the shower. I take a 30 minute shower and I get out and dry off. I put on my boxers and I walk out the bathroom and get in the bed and I turn on the tv and I fall asleep.