Chapter 45

fifth to the last chapter

Chapter 45

NCT's Jaemin announces and confirms 3, going 4 year relationship with Girls' Avenue's Haejin.

August 2018 when rumors began going around about the two, which they kept on denying.

Almost four years later, NCT's Jaemin breaks the silence by confirming that he and Haejin are indeed dating.

A few weeks ago, Haejin posted a picture of them at SMTown's Retreat. The picture became the hot topic on the internet and becoming the most liked picture, which now has over 4 million likes!

Lee Haejin has not released any statement regarding this news.

****

"WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?! IS JAEMIN OUT OF HIS MIND?!" Haejin said, fuming, upon seeing Jaemin's statement.

There was also an article about them, which made things worse— for her, at least.

"WHY DID MARK LET HIM DO THIS?! IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND?! IS JAEMIN THAT DESPERATE?! DOES HE REALLY WANT ME TO NOTICE HIM THAT MUCH?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!" She said, angrily dialling Mark's number on her phone.

She doesn't give a damn about the time zones. She needs to talk to Mark. Now.

"Haejin-ah, it's two in the morning for frick's sake—"

"Why did you let him do that?" She said, her voice cracking.

"What? What are you—"

"Mark. Why did you let him do that?" She was crying at this point. She was mad and frustrated.

"It was his choice. What do you want me to do, stop him from doing what he wants?" Mark said sleepily.

He doesn't want to argue because he doesn't have enough energy to do so.

"Mark... why didn't y-you stop him?" Like Mark, she was also weak to start an argument, but she was determined to do so.

"Look, Haejin-ah, all those years that you dated low-key, this is your chance to tell the world that you really love each other."

Haejin scoffed. She could tell that her brother isn't really aware of what he's saying. "What love? Mark. Have you forgotten? We're over. We broke up. All those three years is in the past."

"I'm trying to sleep but you keep on ruining it... He said he wants to tell you something."

"What?"

"Why are you asking me? Ask him. He is there."

"WHAT?!"

"Aish, Haejin-ah! Goodbye, I'll go back to sleep."

And the line was cut. Haejin sat down on her bed, shocked. Her heart was beating so fast. She doesn't know why she's nervous.

That night, she couldn't sleep she just tossed and turned repeatedly.

"Argh, why is my heart beating so fast? Calm down, heart. I might die." She said, trying to calm herself down.

She opened the drawer beside her bed. She smiled sadly when she saw the velvet blue box resting properly. She opened it and admired what's inside.

The bracelet with her initials, LHJ. The one Jaemin gave her when she left Dream's dorm for Girls' Avenue.

"You know, I don't know what's with you which makes my heart skip a beat. We're already over. But why can't I accept it?" Haejin asked herself, talking while looking at the picture of them, which is still her wallpaper.

She sighed, "Heck, I can't even reply to any of your hyungs or dongsaengs because of what happened."

She wiped the tear that escaped her eyes, "You already announced our relationship, even if I told you not to. Even if we already broke up. What are you really up to, Na Jaemin?"

She sighed, "Look at here, we look so happy, but that was before..."

She closed her eyes and locked her phone, she was crying again.

I won't cry. I promised Mark.

****

"Jinhyung-oppa, I'll just go out for a stroll, I'll be back." Haejin smiled, leaving their house.

It's been a while since she went out alone.

"Why are you asking me? Ask him. He is there."

Mark's words suddenly echoed in her head. Her heart started to beat fast.

She doesn't want to see Jaemin yet. Especially not now. She doesn't want to admit it, but a t the back of her head, she also wants to see Jaemin.

She looked at her phone and saw the time. 7:23 am.

She has been walking around the park for almost an hour now. She sighed, "What am I even doing here—"

"Lee Haejin!"

She was stoned. She couldn't move.

That voice....

Jaemin-ah...

She slowly turned around, and she saw him a few feet away from her.

He was wearing an uncertain smile, maybe because of the fact that he's talking to Haejin. Afraid that she might push him away.

People's eyes were on them. But they couldn't care less.

"H-Haejin-ah... please let me explain...." He said, walking towards her.

She was not moving. She was listening. Finally.

"W-What do you want?" She asked.

"I want you to stay. Don't push me away this time." He said.

Eleven words. Eleven simple words, yet it made Haejin's heart beat fast.

He held her hand, he was surprised when she didn't pull back.

"Haejin, please believe me when I say you're the only one. I've said this before, and I'm not afraid to say it again." He started. "Please, hold on. Don't let go. Stay with me."

She broke into tears, "Y-You... you don't know how I've wanted to hate you... b-but I wonder why I j-just can't...."

He hugged her, "Please don't cry, please... it hurts seeing you cry..."

He wiped her tears and smiled at her

"I-I'm also sorry... S-Sorry for breaking up with you... I-I... I was just hurt.... I'm sorry..." She broke down once again.

"Yah, uljima..." don't cry. "It's fine... I understand.." He said.

"I still love you, Jaemin-ah." She finally said it.

"I love you too."

This time, they swore that they'll hold on.

____
#HappyWinWinDay