Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"Jaemin-ah, you have to brace yourself, okay?" Mark asked.

Jaemin suddenly tensed up, "Hyung, what happened?"

"Nothing, really. It's just that, Haejin's going to take a vacation." Mark said, sighing.

"Where?" Jaemin asked.

"Canada." Mark answered.

"H-hyung, she won't leave the girls, right?" He said, worried.

Mark shook his head, "Don't worry, she won't." He then gave Jaemin a reassuring smile. "She just needs to cool down before she could talk to someone again. She's really not herself right now." He said.

"Hyung, I want to talk to her and explain everything. I'll tell her everything she needs to know." Jaemin said, determined.

"Jaemin-ah, you just heard Mark-hyung right? Haejin is not yet ready to talk to anyone." Haechan said.

Jaemin sighed, "How long will she stay in Canada, hyung?" He asked.

Mark shrugged, "I don't know, but I guess she'll stay there for quite a long time..." He sighed.

****

Two days later, Mark and Haejin were at the airport, waiting for her flight to be called.

Once her flight was called, they stood up and Mark sighed. He placed his hands on her shoulder. "I'll miss you."

Haejin raised a brow, "What the heck are you talking about? I'll just stay there for a month." She said.

Mark sighed, "I don't want hyung to call me, saying that you're crying again, okay?" He said. Haejin nodded.

"I'll be okay." She said.

Though it hurts for Mark to see her go by herself, he nodded anyways. "I wanna go with you, too bad we have schedules." He sighed. "Just say hi to Jinhyung-hyung for me, okay? Tell eomma and appa I miss them."

"I will. I'll be okay." Haejin said reassuringly, although Mark wouldn't believe her, because only three days ago, she won't come out of her room.

"Take care." Mark said, waving goodbye.

Haejin waved back and gave him a faint smile.

Mark sighed, leaving the airport. Jaemin was waiting for him outside.

"What did she say hyung?" He asked.

"She didn't say anything, Jaemin-ah." Mark sighed. "She just said that she'll stay there for a month."

Jaemin looked down, "She never talked about me, didn't she?" He laughed sarcastically.

Mark patted his back, "Yah, don't think if that. Hey, I suddenly remembered this time when Haejin and I went out." He said. Jaemin looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "I asked her if she still loves you. She said that she does, but you guys are better off this way." Mark said.

"Better off this way? Are we doing any better though?" Jaemin asked.

Mark sighed, "I know what you're trying to tell, and I understand. I've been there." He said, looking down. The cab starting to move.

"But didn't you have regrets?" Jaemin asked.

"Oh I did, but I guess what happens... just happens. Let time fix everything, Jaemin-ah. She'll eventually be okay. Same with you." Mark said.

Jaemin sighed, "I hope so, hyung."

"For now, what are you planning to do?" Mark asked.

Jaemin shrugged, "There's this one thing that I want to do... but I guess I'm not gonna do it... yet."

****

One week later...

"Yah, Haejin-ah, what are you looking at?" Jinhyung asked seated beside her.

Haejin just smiled and sighed, "I'm just looking at those kids... they look really happy.." She said, her eyes glistening.

Jinhyung looked at her, and she looked like she was thinking of something that happened in the past.

"Hey... does this have something to do with... uhm... you know... Jaemin?" Jinhyung asked carefully, afraid that Haejin might break down again.

Surprisingly, Haejin nodded and sighed, "It's always about him, oppa. It's been him." She smiled weakly.

"You miss him, don't you?" Jinhyung asked.

Haejin looked down, "Of course... I can't help but to miss him. I guess it's a part of moving on?" She said, laughing sarcastically.

"Yah, you went here to take a vacation and rest. Leave everything behind. What happened in Korea stays in Korea, okay? Don't think about what happened now..." Jinhyung said.

"Alright, oppa. Thank you..."

****

"Hyung, how is Haejin doing?" Mark asked.

"Surprisingly, she's fine. I told her to not think about what happened there." Jinhyung said from the other line.

"Did you ask her?" Mark asked.

"She keeps on changing the topic every time I ask if she still loves Jaemin, but one time I asked her if she misses him, and she said yes." Jinhyung answered.

Mark sighed in relief, "It's a good sign then. We can still get them back together."

"But Mark, we can't just force them together again. It's not gonna work like that. We have to leave them to their own fate." Jinhyung sighed, ten he continued, "I don't want to see Haejin getting hurt again. I think it's better if we just let them be for a while?"

"But hyung, you don't know the whole story. Jaemin needs to tell her everything!" Mark said, getting irritated.

"Yah, don't raise your voice at me! And what do you mean everything? Even—"

"Yes hyung. Even that."

****

"So, Jaemin-ah, have you decided?" Mark asked.

Jaemin nodded, "I just got back here. I already told him."

"We've been waiting for this to happen." Taeyong said, patting his back.

"She'll get mad, though. I'm sure about it." Jisung said.

Jaemin rolled his eyes, "I know, Jisung-ah. But she's worth the risk." He said, smiling weakly.

"That's the spirit!"

"Now, let's just wait for a while..." Ten said.

"I think there's no need to wait.." Lucas said, hearing their phone's constant vibrations.

NCT's Jaemin announces and confirms 3, going 4 year relationship with Girls' Avenue's Haejin.