Chapter 30

YA'LL IT'S AROUND 10:20 AM AND YES I'M AT SCHOOL. YES I STILL HAVEN'T SLEPT. SCREW YOU, NCT!

STREAM REGULAR (Eng Ver) FOR A BETTER LIFE.

---------

Chapter 30

"Mark! Mark! Where are Jaemin, Jisung and Chenle?" They are about to board the buses that would take them to the retreat area.

"Huh? Is he nit with you? He was the first one to leave the dorm together with the two, though." Mark said.

"What?" Haejin fished her phone out of her pocket and checked if there were any messages from Jaemin, but there were none.

"There he is." Mark pointed at the three figures rushing towards them.

Jaemin kissed her cheek and they were all catching their breaths.

"What happened? Hey." Haejin said, tapping his cheek.

"Apparently... Jisung here.. left his pillow at the dorm and we had to return!" He said, panting.

"Eh? Are you okay?" Haejin asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. No worries." He smiled. "Let's go." He held her hand and boarded the bus.

"Did you bring jackets with you?" He asked her once they were seated.

She hummed a yes, "Mhm~ You?"

"Yep."

Haejin stood up and scanned the faces of the people inside the bus. No signs of Eunji and Jisung. Great, they boarded another bus.

"Hey," Haejin whispered. "I forgot to text you last night, but I have something important to tell you..." She leaned closer.

He leaned closer, whispering, "What is it?"

"It's regarding Jisungie."

"Eh? What's with Jisung?" Jaemin asked.

"Here, assume that this is Eunji-unnie," Haejin said, using her left index finger. "And here is Jisung." She said, using her right index finger.

She moved her left index finger closer. "Apparently, unnie likes Jisung."

Jaemin gasped, "Jinjja?" He covered his mouth as he looked outside. They were still there, probably waiting for the other buses to go first.

Haejin nodded fervently, laughing.

"Is it true?" Jaemin asked.

"Yes, I just found out last night." Haejin answered.

"Since when has she been liking Jisung?"

"According to the members, last month. But yeah, I haven't confronted her for it since she was so embarrassed last night." She said.

Just then, her phone lit up. A text message from Xiurong. She read the text message from her lockscreen since it was shown.

Unnie, Eunji-unnie has been bothering me. Saying that she was embarrassed because she accidentally told you that she likes Jisung.

Haejin laughed, showing Jaemin his phone screen, "See?"

Jaemin nodded, laughing.

She replied, Why? She really have no plans on telling me, right?

She sighed, looking outside as they started moving.

Jaemin placed his hand on top of hers, "What are you planning to do about Eunji and Jisung then?"

She looked at him, "Eh? What do you mean? What plans?"

"Don't play jokes with me, love. I know you... I know that you have something up your sleeves. You're planning to do something, am I right?" Jaemin asked.

Haejin sighed, "Why do you have to know me so well?" She whined, burrying her face in Jaemin's chest.

Jaemin laughed, "Aigoo Haejin-ah~ So tell me, what's your plan?"

"I honestly have no idea— yet. But, I want the plan to be as subtle as possible." Haejin said.

She separated from the hug and looked outside, her eyes scanning the now unfamiliar track they are going through.

"Does Mark-hyung know?" Jaemin asked.

Haejin shook her head, "No. You're the first person who knew aside from us."

Jaemin sighed, "You can sleep first. It's going to be a long ride."

"Wait, it's that far?" Haejin asked.

"Yep. We'll arrive in the afternoon." Jaemin answered.

"Alright."

Jaemin watched her as she fell asleep in his arms.

There was a feeling of home, with Haejin in his arms. The feeling was all familiar. And he couldn't say it, but he missed this. He missed her.

If only they could be like this always.

"Love, you could be really, really childish most of the times... but guess what, I love you so much that I can't even notice it.." He whispered, gently moving Haejin's bangs that was covering her eyes.

"Sometimes when we fight, you don't let me explain. But I get that you're always like that. Because you're hurt. Because I did something wrong unexpectedly." He sighed, gently combing her hair as he stares at her. "Don't worry, I still love you." He said.

"Aigoo, Haejin-ah. If only you could hear these. I wonder why you always get mad at Sohyun. Sohyun is just a friend, love. I guarantee you." He sighed.

"If only you knew..."

Unexpectedly, someone knocked Jaemin's elbow that was resting on the arm rest.

"Oh— hi, Jaemin-oppa." The person greeted.

Jaemin smiled at her, "Hi, Sohyun-ah." He said.

Sohyun sat on the opposite side as to where Jaemin and Haejin were seated because t was empty.

"You guys.. I really envy you, you know?" She laughed. "How long has it been? 4 years?" She asked.

Jaemin nodded, "Almost four years."

"Oh, I see..." She said, nodding.

"You'll get yours soon, Sohyun-ah." Jaemin said, giving her an encouraging smile.

"I know, oppa." She said, going back to her seat.