Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Kill me now.

"Hi Sohyun-ah." She faked a smile.

"I'll leave for a moment. Sunny is calling me." Taeyeon stood up and left the room.

"Me too, I have to tell something to Haneul." Sowon said.

The two were left with awkward silence.

Haejin wanted to talk to her, to confront her, to slap the hell out of her. She looks calm on the outside, when in reality, she was already thinking of ways on how to kill her.

"Hey." Sohyun started said out of the blue, causing Haejin to look at her. "I know how you feel towards me. Even though you won't tell me, I know that you have feelings against me." She said, smiling sadly.

Haejin couldn't help but stare at her while she's talking, "Haejin-ah— I mean, Haejin-ssi, ah! I don't even know if I could address you informally." She said, scratching her nape.

Haejin sighed, "We're the same age. Haejin is okay."

"Alright... Haejin. I know how you feel towards me. I can see it. Last meeting when I unexpectedly sat on the chair Mark and Jaemin were saving for you. I noticed how you clenched your fists. On that moment, I knew that you were really mad. And I'm sorry."

Haejin was staring at her. And all that she could feel was sincerity. She never heard someone apologized like this to her. Not even her brothers.

"I know, what I'm saying right now might sound unbelievable to you. But please believe me, Jaemin and I are just friends." She said. "I tend to be really clingy at times, and I, myself, can't even notice it. My co-members even gets irritated everytime I become clingy. But trust me, he loves you. And he would never look at any other girl because he has you." She explains.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for everything. And I would understand if you couldn't forgive me." She said, smiling sadly.

Haejin sighed, "I would be lying if I'll tell you that I'm not mad at you. To be honest, the moment you stepped out of the bathroom, I already felt like killing myself. But what good would that bring, though?"

"I'm surprised that you actually noticed that I'm mad at you— well, was mad. I will be honest, you're the only reason why we fight sometimes. Not that we don't fight, we actually do. And sometimes, it's because of you." She continued.

Sohyun was intently listening to her. Haejin continued, "Jaemin keeps on telling me that you two are just friends. I believe him, I trust him. But you? I don't. No offense. That's how I felt towards you. I know, what I'm saying right now might sting, but I'm sorry. I've been really trying hard to keep all of these inside me, and now that I have the chance to let them go, I have to let them go."

Sohyun nodded, "Don't worry. I understand. You can continue."

Haejin sighed, "Who am I not to forgive, right? I'm human too, I commit mistakes, and I learn from it. If God forgives, then who am I not to?" She said, smiling.

"Now that you've explained everything, it's fine. Thank you, Sohyun-ah, and I'm sorry too." She said, finally giving Sohyun a genuine smile.

Sohyun rushed towards her and hugged her, "Thank you... so much!"

Haejin unexpectedly hugged back, "Why are you thanking me though?" She laughed.

Sohyun shook her head, "Friends?" She extended her hand.

Haejin reached for it, and shook it. "Friends." She smiled.

"By the way, you know about the two of us?" Haejin asked.

Sohyun nodded, "Of course I do. Jaemin literally tells me everything that's happening between you two. Especially when you fight because of me." She explains.

"How did you know about us though?" Haejin asked.

"Oh please, we all know about it. Well, maybe some of our members doesn't. But I do."

****

"Jaemin-ah!" Haejin called Jaemin once they were outside. Most of them are still going to have their lunch.

"Oh hi love— and woah, hi Sohyun-ah." Jaemin greeted, shocked when he saw Sohyun with Haejin. And the weird thing is, he can't feel any tension between them.

"Hi Jaemin-oppa." She greeted. Sohyun and Haejin also noticed that Jaemin was with Mark. "Hi Mark-oppa." Noticing the silence, she excused herself, saying that she would go to New Melody.

Jaemin held her hand, "Did I see that right? You were with Sohyun? Am I dreaming?"

Haejin shook her head, "No, silly.She apologized and explained everything I need to know."

"Everything?" Jaemin asked.

"Yeah." Haejin smiled.

"Like what?" Jaemin asked, sounding as if he was challenging her.

"Like, why is she clingy. And she also told me that you two are just friends. She also told me that you tell her everything about us."

Jaemin nodded, feeling satisfied and contented, "That's right..."

Mark coughed, "Excuse me but have you forgotten that I EXIST?!"

The two laughed, "Sorry."

"Where did she go?" Mark asked. "It's a surprise that she was actually with you. Is the world gonna end?" He laughed.

Haejin rolled her eyes, "Oppa, she apologized. And who am I not to forgive? We all make mistakes."

"So does that mean that you'll let her be with Jaemin? Even if you know that they're just friends?" Mark asked.

"Hmmm.. of course." Haejin said.

"Really? You won't be jealous?" Jaemin asked.

Haejin looked at him, eyes narrowing, "I still have the right to be jealous, love. I will let you be with her but of course I won't let my guard down." She said. slapping his arm playfully.

Jaemin laughed, "Alright. Alright."

"Can you two stop— oh my god, I'm hungry." Mark said.

Jaemin mocked what Haejin said earlier, the way how Chenle mocks their hyungs. "Who am I not to forgive? We all make mistakes."

Mark just sighed. When will these two stop? Please. I'm begging ya'll.

"Let's goooo~" Haejin singsongs as she skipped to the van.