Chapter 27 - We Almost Did It

So they are now married and are living together in an apartment. Um yeah so lets start with a tiny time skip to where they sorta got the jobs they wanted...

Jonah's P.O.V.

Fifth graders, I was stuck teaching math to some fifth grade students.

The only good thing that was to come out of this besides well the income, was the fact that I work at the same building with Cyrus.

The middle school, with grades ranging from fifth all the way up to seventh, and the counselor for all these children?

None other than my loving husband, Cyrus Goodman.

I honestly don't see how anyone could be more suitable for the job than him, like seriously he has been through so much, but then again so have I, but that's besides the point.

The thought of Cyrus helping out these kids in their tween years, was so nice.

He is being everything that he never had when he was at the middle school, but that was back at Shadyside middle school.

This is the next town over Brookdale, we would have stayed at Shadyside, but this one was closer to our campus and well it was, no is nicer to get a change of scenery.
We've been in this one small town for our whole lives, besides those vacations to the coastal regions.

What I didn't know was that my main man Cy is a contractor when it comes to building sand castles.

Nothing weird with two adult men playing in the sand at a beach, nothing at all... I just wished that the other people there could see that too.

It was time for class and all the kiddos started to pile into the classroom, still fighting over seats.

"Lucas, we went over this yesterday, that is Allison's seat," I said to one of the kids, while getting up to walk around the class making sure they all found their spots.

The first week of school is tough, especially with fifth graders, was I really this misbehaved when I was in fifth grade?

To be more precise today is the second day of fifth grade for them and my second day of teaching, not including the hours worth of cadet teaching.

No, of course they won't listen to me, "Ow! Mister Beck, she hit me," Lucas whined.

I returned to the front of the classroom from the back to be standing in front of their table where Lucas had still not listened to me and was fighting Allison over the spot.

Sternly, I tell her, "now Allison, we don't hit people,-" to only be cut off by Allison, "but he hit me first."

I wonder to myself, is it even worth a year of this just to become the vice principal?

Trying to end it as fast as possible I tell them, "okay, okay, how about this, Allison can sit here because she sat here yesterday and she got here before you."

Lucas of course argued, "no that's unfair, I can't get here before her, because of my dumb mom is slow. Also she sat here yesterday so it is my turn to sit here."

The kid made a valid point, "listen I know it sucks, but you don't make the rules here. This will be Allison's seat, I'm afraid you must go find a new spot."

Lucas backed off, "fine," he said and walked off near the back of the classroom to a table full of boys who where snickering.

I heard one of them say, "nice going," obviously sarcastic, and they kept talking amongst themselves until I got to my desk and announced, "quiet! It's time to take rule, rull, ROLE," and in a quieter voice to myself before the kids got onto me I said, "gosh dammit I meant role."