Chapter 5 - Settling Together

This chapter will be a more chill and relaxed one and will hopefully make things settle back down. NOTE: This chapter I will write differently to make it easier to read. Instead of paragraphs it will just be lines.

Andi's P.O.V.

It is Tuesday morning at the school cafeteria.

Today I am ready to go back to school.

It should be be easy? Right?

I was fine for 13 years of my life without my real dad, so it can't be that hard to go for the rest of my life without him.

Buffy is sitting next to me at the breakfast table with her backpack sitting beside her.

She tells me "I'm still amazed that you showed up to school today. Are you still thinking about your dad?"

I tell her "Nope, I decided to focus on the present. I just wish that Bex would stop thinking about him".

"Why can't she stop thinking about him" Buffy asked curiously.

"She thinks that it is her fault that Bowie killed himself, and she thinks that she also ruined my life by not marrying him. Since it was kinda what I had wanted".

Buffy responds "How does something that is out of her control possibly be her fault?".

"If she said yes to marrying Bowie like I wanted her to. He would have me in his life preventing him from committing suicide, since he said that he can't live without me".

"Whoah. Andi your sounding like you are also blaming your mom. Are you?".

I thought about that for a little bit before responding "I guess in my mind I am blaming her since she was suppose to complete our family by marrying Bowie. At the same time I know that she didn't force Bowie to kill himself and if she knew sooner she would of stopped him".

Buffy looked into my eyes and said "This is important if you don't want Bex to end up like your dad. You need to let her know that it is not her fault".

"Okay Buffy. I promise I will tell her when I get home tonight".

Buffy looked like she wanted to say something just she didn't know how.

So I ask her "Is there anything else on your mind that you want to share with me?".

"... Are you worried about Cyrus since he has been wanting to date Jonah for a long time now, and finally Jonah is not dating anyone, but Cyrus can't tell him since he is in a coma" she whispers to me.

"Yeah, I feel bad for Cyrus. He has been holding back his feelings for this long and might not ever get to show them. Anyways where is Cyrus?".

Buffy looks around the cafeteria and says "I'm not sure, he was here yesterday".

"I will text him and see" I told her.

It was almost time for class so I was rushing.

Andi And Cyrus's Text Messages

Andi - Why are you not at school? What happened?

Cyrus - My house burned down last night and my mom died shortly after because of the fire.

Andi - I know how you must feel since my dad had died recently too. Where are you staying at now.

Cyrus - A hotel. The fire was really big and we won't be able to move back in, so I will be getting a new house. I guess. I'm not sure yet my stepdad hasn't told me what our plan is yet.

Andi - Sorry that this happened to you. Your a really nice person why would god punish you like this? The world has just been so cruel lately. We have not done anything wrong. Talk to you later, I gotta get to class.