Chapter 7 - Unforgettable

I kinda forgot that the dead characters need to have funerals, luckily if I do then now it will be perfect timing with when normal funerals happen. This chapter will briefly go over the funerals since they aren't exciting to read about and I don't know how funerals are, since I have never been to one.

Cyrus's P.O.V.

It is Wednesday morning around 11am.

I did not go to school today because, I am going to my mom's funeral.

I thought it was crazy, since how are all my family supposed to come on such short notice?

I had asked my stepdad about it and he told me because, we are Jewish it is customary to have the funeral one to two days after the death.

"Come on now. We are not going to be late for this" my stepfather told me grabbing his keys.

He opened the door for me and we both went outside to the car.

Once we were in the car I decided to get on my phone since it will be a long car ride.

I had got two unread texts.

One was recently, it was from Andi asking where I was.

The other made my heart jump with joy, it was from Jonah Beck.

It was hard to contain myself, knowing Jonah is not dead.

Then the other thoughts came, I have to tell him that I am gay and like him before someone else does.

The problem is that I will not do it over the phone, and I can not go till after the funeral.

Cyrus and Jonah's Messages

Jonah - I need to talk to you, alone. Can you come see me today after school? I someone to tell me everything I missed.

Cyrus - Thank god you're okay. We had some worry that you might not make it. Of course I will come visit you. It would be now but I'm going to my mom's funeral.

Jonah - That's exactly why I need you to tell me everything that has happened. I didn't know your mom died. I'm sorry I wasn't here for that.

Cyrus - It is not your fault, you were in a coma.

Jonah - You're right. Thanks Cyrus.

Cyrus - Have you told Andi and Buffy you are awake from your coma?

Jonah - Yes, but I told them that they can't visit me till tomorrow. When I am home from the hospital.

Cyrus - Do your parents know you woke up?

Jonah - Yes the hospital alerted them and they are going to be here soon. They will be gone before you get here.

Cyrus - Okay, I will see you when I get back around 3:30.

Jonah - Can't wait to see you here.

Those texts did not sound like they are from the Jonah that I know.

Something big must of happened to him.

My stepdad noticed me squirming around in my seat and asked "Are you alright, you seem like you can't sit still?".

I tell him "I am thrilled. One of my best friends, Jonah just awoke from his coma".

"That is great news. I will take you after this to see him if you want".

"Of course I want you to. He just got out of a coma and so much has happened that I need to tell him" I said maybe a little too excited.

"Cyrus" my dad said looking over at me for a second, then back at the road.