"Okay... bye!" Jimin hung up from the call.

"Who was that?"

"Taehyung. He wanted to know if I was free tomorrow,"

Jungkook nodded slowly, grinding his teeth at the thought of Jimin and Taehyung on a date together.

He didn't know why he was so against their relationship to be honest; they were both attractive, funny, kind people. He was probably just jealous - he was feeling pretty lonely.

Jungkook turned his attention back to the video game that he and Jimin were playing. Jimin had called him over to hang out as they were both bored - one of the perks of having a best friend living so close.

"No! Nononononononono..... I HATE YOU!!" Jungkook just chuckled. Jimin had always been a bad loser.

"Guess you're making the coffee then," he met Jimin's glare with a satisfied smirk. Jimin grunted but obliged, and Jungkook pulled out his phone. Namjoon had texted him.

Joonie: having fun with Jimin? ;)
Kook: oh my god stop I don't like him like that
Joonie: whatever you say man

He sighed and shoved the device back into his pocket just in time to see Jimin struggling to push the door open with his hands full of mugs. He leapt up to help, Jimin thanking him with his crescent moon smile.

Once they were both sat back down with their drinks, Jimin turned to the younger boy.

"Have you found anyone you're interested in yet?" Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Nope."

"C'mon Kookie, there must be someone. You've been single for.... forever!"

He ran a hand through his hair, sighing. He didn't reply for a few moments but Jimin's intense stare coaxed him to say something.

"I mean... there's cute people. But I don't know..." he set his coffee cup down on the table as he mumbled out his confession. "My friends think that I really like this one guy, but he has a boyfriend."

Jimin gasped. "Really? Who?!"

"Not telling you."

And he didn't, despite Jimin's whines and complaints. Jungkook stayed silent as they continued to play, completely disregarding the other's requests and questions.

A few hours passed and Jimin had stopped nagging Jungkook so much. The conversation had turned to his own love life, a topic the brown haired boy was much more comfortable with.

"You know I love my TaeTae but.... oh I don't know Kook. It just doesn't feel right. He's like, my childhood friend. I'm not sure if I feel romantically for him anymore." Jungkook nodded quietly.
"Maybe you should break up if you feel that way," Jimin raised an eyebrow.
"That's probably what's best but.... he'd be so upset,"
"He'd be more upset if he knew that you were keeping this from him."

Jimin agreed with him, although regretfully.
"Maybe I should tell him tomorrow. Hey Jungkook?" The other felt his chest flutter for seemingly no reason at all.
"Y-yeah?"
"Will you tag along? Don't let anyone see you, I'd just like to know that you're there." He agreed instantly, almost keen to see how Taehyung would react, but scared to see two of his friends so upset after something as serious as a breakup.

Jimin was pretty subdued after that, taking turns out of the game every now and then and just staring into space, biting at the skin on his lip.

The clock hit 8pm just as the two finished a round. Jungkook threw a glance to the clock.
"I should get going." Jimin nodded.

By the door, Jimin suddenly pulled him into a hug.
"I'm so worried Kook..." Jungkook rubbed his back reassuringly.
"It's gonna be fine. And I'll be there in case you need me."
Jimin let him go and nodded, rubbing a hand over his face nervously.

Jungkook worried about Jimin on his short walk home. He really did seem upset; maybe a breakup wasn't the best idea after all.

But he couldn't fight the cruel happiness that bubbled inside him whenever he thought of the couple breaking up. He had no idea why he felt like this and he hated it. He only wanted Jimin to be happy, but what if this wasn't going to make him happy? He sighed and zipped his coat up further as he continued down the street.