Chapter18~New friendships and realisations~

Start from the beginning

"No why, I will eat it she made it for me." Manik said and quickly took away the plate making nandini smile.

Manik took a spoonful in his mouth and savoured the taste.

"It's amazing nandini I loved it." Manik complimented her making her smile ear to ear.

"Sach bol khaane layak haina?" Cabir whispered in his ear making manik glare at him.

"I heard that you meanie. I know I'm bad at cooking but not that bad." nandini scrunched her nose and slapped his shoulder.

After they all devoured the first ever dish made by nandini , they all dispersed to their rooms after deciding to go to the club because they haven't hung out in a while.

Nandini was in her room shuffling through her closet deciding what to wear when two arms snaked on her waist.

"Thank you." Manik whispered in her ear and she shivered at his sudden act.

She was still doing her work not letting him know that how much he's affecting her.

"For what?" She asked casually but from inside her stomach was doing somersaults.

"You have never went inside a kitchen because you do disasters inside." Manik said softly in her ear and took a step back from withdrawing his arms from her.

It took her a second to register what he said and she gasped turning around.

"You are so freakin' mean manik. I'm seriously done." She said angrily and shut the closet with a thud.

But before she can walk past him he spinned her by holding her arm and pinned her to the wall.

"What are you doing?" She asked flustered without meeting his eyes.

He took her hair strand in his finger and twirled it looking straight in her eyes.

"Admiring how pretty you are." He whispered in her ear and bit her earlobe lightly.

She closed her eyes in anticipation and her breathing was shallow. She looked at him with great difficulty and his eyes were burning with desire.

"Stop being so cheesy manik." She whispered and nandini did her thing. Ruining the moment.

Manik backed off rolling his eyes by muttering "Not again."

"Did you say something?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"Nope nada nothing." He said with a sarcastic smile.

"By the way genuinely thank you that really meant a lot to me." Manik said rubbing the back of his head and she smiled widely.

She walked upto him and encircled her arms around him.

"It's nothing manik and from when you started to thank me." She asked looking at him still in his arms.

"When you started doing things for me which you didn't for anyone." He said clutching her waist.

And at that moment it forced her to think about what he said. He was special to her but now he's a bit extra more special but that's unknown to her. Duh!

"Okay now let me get ready." She said coming out of his grasp.

"Yeah because obviously you need to start getting ready five hours prior or else we will be late." He said sarcastically leaving the room and she just rolled her eyes. Like everytime. Nothing really new.

|||

"I told you it's a bad idea." Cabir whined as they entered inside the packed club after waiting in a long line for like an hour.