Chapter 23: It Was Jack Lennon.

AZURA

You always encounter situations in your life where you expect the worst and at the same time hope for the best. And mostly when the worst happens, you don't know whether you should be proud for setting up your mind for the bad or smack yourself for hoping the best. Those times you start a war with yourself, because then you regret leading up to that situation at all even if that got you answers you desired.

*'*'*

"Well, nobody knows the whole thing except me and Jack and maybe even Rigil. We didn't really get the chance to properly explain it to everyone, but, if you want, we can bring in all of us." Rose said sitting in front of me while hovering a spoon in front of my face. When I had opened my eyes, I had seen everyone's face peering over mine—even Addison's and that blonde girl's.

Once they were sure that they weren't hallucinating, they all started crushing me with their hugs. I noticed, despite everyone's affections, how Jack had sauntered off without saying a word and how the blonde girl eyes trailed after him. I wanted to ask him questions about the Shadow's claims and about his exact same face as Jack but he didn't even bother to ask me if I was alright.

Apparently after I 'woke up' the doctors named it a very unusual situation (not a miracle) considering it was a short span of time that I was in that condition. Everything else was normal for a person in a coma but they were grateful that I was now up and normal. Later he warned everyone to stay out of my room to let me rest and not crowd over me. There were protests but the doctor didn't budge. However, he did allow them to be in the room one at a time and Rose decided to be the first. Now, she was feeding me the horrible hospital made porridge and recalling the events during my slumber as I told her about my part.

"No, it doesn't matter I'm up now and... he would've been a danger if I had died and I haven't so he can't be a threat." I huffed feeling the unease spread through me. I didn't see any reason to worry about him yet I couldn't shake this dread off of me. Maybe because what I saw there was still taking a toll on me.

If I had to name that place something, I'd name it Hell. Because it was the kind of place one would be in to be punished severely. I felt the punishment myself but I couldn't understand what sin I had done to end up in such a traumatic place.

"Azura, tell me, what did you see to make you think we were dead?" Rose interjected my thoughts, pushing the porridge filled spoon in my mouth as I grimaced at both, the porridge and the question. I left out the many details like the abyss and the interaction of everyone who were mocking me and the Shadow's spitting image as Jack's. But this was Rose, and she knew with one look at my face that I wasn't being completely honest about my time there.

"I told you, it wasn't anything just his tricks that made me think he killed you all." I smiled crookedly hoping she wouldn't question me further. Thankfully, she got the hint and I was able to curse the hospital silently for making this awful porridge for patients.

"Okay." Rose said after searching my face for a good minute or two when a knock sounded on the door and a head poked in of Rigil's.

"Well, if you two are done, I'd like to discuss some things with Azura." She imply said, letting herself in without any permission.

"Can't it wait? She's resting." Rose replied without acknowledging her presence. She didn't even turn to look at her and I wondered what had gone down between the two.

"It could wait but I suppose even Azura would like some answers." She nodded as her eyes shined with respect raising yet another question. I didn't even know her so why was she so considerate towards me?

"It's okay, I'll be fine Rose." I said eyeing Rose to let Rigil be. She sighed closing her eyes and set the porridge on the weird bedside—or stretcher side table—and silently went out right as the girl came up to sit on the chair.