Chapter 5: Obvious Mystery

AZURA

What's meant to be will always be. A person can never depict how and when but it always happens. Whether you want it or not, what's decided can never be too early or late. It's not in anyone's hand. The only thing in control is the way one lets a particular thing affect their selves; for there is a plan for each one of us. Either we can accept it and live the life that is given to us or we can fight the inevitable and yet again reach where we're supposed to be. We must go with the flow, but shouldn't be afraid of the current. The courses may change but the destination never does. The only difference is that it's assumed to be something when it could be something else. At times, it could be the same thing, who knows?

*'*'*

Sunday morning.

I can't believe that I had to wake up at four o'clock in the morning. Naturally I would wake up soon after that too, but weekends were my only cheat days where I would purposely sleep in and do things out of my norm. Plus, I looked forward to these as they were my personal excitements. Now, I had to sacrifice one of my two days over something highly risky.

After watching the routines of teachers and guards, we had noted down what needed to happen. If luck was with us, somehow we would manage to keep the guards quiet about us in some way because they reported each and every activity of the students.

Surprisingly, the Arch Angels kept the pride to their name and showed me the passageways which were actually used by the teachers. But the girls just used it as they wished. They said they got so much detention for it that the faculty stopped after getting tired. And because they couldn't disclose it to parents, they somehow managed to bear it. Now the Angels roamed in it as though they were the ones who had it built.

They even made pretty good spies. So right now they were going to be at a look out as the guards switched their places with the other ones. Luckily, when exchanging the duties, they somehow gave us two minutes to sneak in. It was good for us. But Principal Turner had to know about this; because like us, the burglars or other people with worse purpose than ours could sneak in. Not that they would find anything in the school. It was a desert among treasure islands. No one kept their personal belongings or administration money in offices and heck even passageways were dry.

We, Rose and I, were curious so we searched every office. And to see whose office it was, we had to search every nook and canny, hence knowing the poverty in the school. It was a gigantic building so it wasn't really poor but it also meant that we got to explore a lot. And it was a great way to hide our things so the teachers wouldn't get suspicious of our motives.

As planned, the five of us dashed in right when the guards were away and quietly started putting up the decorations for the party. It might sound that way but it wasn't easy at all. Thankfully, there was the secrecy of the passageways otherwise we would've been caught in an instant.

At one point I had to yank Candace, the blonde Angel, into the passageway and put a hand on her mouth so she wouldn't scream because the corner she was turning to had a guard coming right towards her. There were many more moments like these because we were caught by surprise when we got to know that the guards held patrols inside the school as well. I guessed that it was why the place wasn't a smoking joint by now.

Eventually, we had hung some of the decorations in suitable places where it felt festive and avoided enough suspicion. The guards eyed them which made us hold our breaths but soon walked away assuming they were always there. We were going to throw a bonfire with games and food booths to keep people company since it was decided not to do anything fancy. There were simple decorations with simple games. Addison had asked us to do it that way.