Chapter 45- Pool Party

I quickly pushed away from him and stood up.

"I can't," I said frantically as grabbed my things "keep me updated on Cherry."

"Davina," he said quickly as he tried to reach for me

"Goodbye," I said before I ran out of the hospital room and to the exit.

When I got outside I took a deep breath to try and calm myself. I almost kissed him. Once I got to my truck I quickly hopped inside.

I pulled up to my destination and when I got to the door I knocked on it slightly and waited. It felt like a millions years had gone by, guilty conscience would do the to you.

The door opened and my heart twisted

"Hey babe," Reggie smiled at me "what's wrong?"

"I almost kissed Sweet Pea, I didn't..I wouldn't, I don't know what happened. I was trying to comfort him because Cherry is really sick and then next thing I know our lips almost touch. I'm so sorry Reg." I said more than I meant to, everything just came pouring out.

His eyes studied me for a second before he pulled me into his arms.

"Davina, it's okay. You didn't kiss him, that's what matters."

I didn't kiss him, that's true, but I almost did. At this point my head was on Reggie's chest and I was crying. I felt terrible.

"Davina," he whispered as he tilted my head upwards forcing me to look at him.

"I'm not mad at you, it's okay."

He took my hand in his and walked me into his house. We went upstairs to his room where I kicked off my shoes and took off my pants and plopped down onto his bed.

He laid down beside me, wrapping his arms around me and pushed play on his TV. He was watching "The Office" for the 400th time.

I turned so my head was on his chest and my legs were tangled in his and I fell asleep to the feeling of his hands gliding through my hair.

————End of Summer Vacation——————

I sat there in the pool chair at Cheryl's the sun beating down on my skin. I could hear the sound of people splashing in the pool, while others danced to music, or chatted along the sides.

My eyes however, caught onto two people in particular. Sweet Pea sat on the edge of the pool kissing Josie. I was happy he moved on but I also hated seeing it as well.

Archie and Reggie stood beside me tossing a football back and forth while talking.

I slowly stood up from my chair and intercepted the football that Archie threw to Reggie.

"Sorry Arch, but do you mind if I still my boyfriend?" I asked as I tossed him the ball and then wrapped my arms around Reggie's side as I looked at Archie.

"No, go ahead, D." He smiled before going to join Veronica.

I slid my hand up Reggie's chest and to his neck, turning his face to mine and I kissed him.
I then whispered something in his ear and he nodded before wrapping his arm around my waist and guiding me away.

When we rejoined the rest of the group I sat down on Reggie's lap.

"Oh look Regina finally decided to show back up," Veronica laughed

"We had things to take care of," Reggie joked

They had been talking about if Archie gets locked up, nobody else wanted to listen to it, but I knew it was a real possibility. There was no way we could take on Hiram.

"If you can graduate with us, I'm gonna take a cardboard cut out of you with me when I go across that stage," I smiled at him

"Thanks, D." Archie smiled

The truth was that Archie being framed for murder was bringing everyone together. We all had one goal in mind take down Hiram Lodge and Archie was just the fuel for the fire.

Later that evening I ran into Archie sitting by the pool all alone. So I sat down beside him and rested my head against his shoulder.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"Davy, if I do go away, promise me that you'll keep an eye on my dad."

"Archie," I whispered

"Please, Davina. Also, promise me you'll keep yourself in line, only do what makes you genuinely happy. No falling off the wagon."

"I'm not gonna rest until your name is cleared," i said as I looked at him with my eyes filling with tears

"You need to focus on you and not me, just promise me you'll look out for him. Visit him."

"Of course," I said softly "but you need to promise me that you won't give up. Everyone else refuses to believe there's a real possibility you'll be taken away, Arch. We can't beat Hiram alone."

"Don't do anything stupid," he said sternly

We sat there together for a long while, just enjoying each other's company. Eventually, Veronica came to collect Archie and I left with Reggie.

These last few months had been some of the best months of my life, and some of the worst. We needed to find an out for Archie and we needed to find it soon.

I sat inside of Reggie's car just staring off into the night as we drove. His hand rested on my leg as I wore his jacket over my shoulders.

We didn't talk the whole ride home, his hand on my leg was a simple gesture to let me know he was there for me. He knew if I wanted to talk about my feelings I would.

When we pulled into his driveway, he opened my door and held his hand out for me to take it. When we got inside I immediately changed into one of his shirts and climbed into his bed. Burrowing myself under all his blankets.

He wrapped his arms around me and I looked up at him.

"I love you," I whispered softly and he lowered his face to look at me. I had never said it before.

"I love you too," he said before placing a kiss on my forehead.