Chapter 11- Forgiveness

"Hi," she said softly at the figure standing in the doorway "are you going to come in or just stand there awkwardly?" He just sat there and stared at her with a pained expression on his face "I'm not going to break, Sweet Pea."

"I-I thought breaking up with you was the right thing to do. I thought I was holding you back, and I just ended up ruining you. I broke you." He said clenching his fists.

"No, I broke a long time ago. If anything you were what led me to fix myself." She said reaching a hand out "Come here," he stood there frozen for a second before sitting on the bed beside her.

"I'm going to need you to stop doing this to me, because every time we break things off I end up here," she said trying to lighten the mood and he just rolled his eyes at her.

"I didn't mean any of the things I said, I just wanted you to have a better life." He sighed looking away from her.

"The best life I can have is a life with you,"she said grabbing his chin and turning him to face her. She knew she shouldn't forgive him so easily but she knew he didn't mean a thing he said, and if she was being honest she missed him too much to hold onto a grudge.

"You're too good for me, Davina." He said as he started to stand up.

"Stop doing this," she snapped "stop pushing me away! I'm not going anywhere, Sweet Pea!" She then pulled his arm hard so he turned and fell backwards and she grabbed his face and planted a kiss on his lips. "I love you, Sweet Pea. I don't care if the road is rough, I'd face the devil himself if it meant I could be with you. I once said we weren't meant to be, but we were. Some souls are meant to be together, and you are a magnet and my heart is drawn to you."

"You are everything to me," he said kissing her again "I'm sorry for everything."

About half an hour later her dad walked back in and so did Jughead, only to see Sweet Pea asleep in Davina's arms, as one hand was playing with his hair and the other was playing on her phone. She looked peaceful, content, and happy.

"You two need to stop with the back and forths or else i'm going to get whiplash," Jughead said with a laugh.

A few minutes later a nurse from the psych ward came in and asked to speak with Davina, who tried to refuse. Davina wasn't having any of this, she wasn't depressed, she didn't want to harm herself or anyone else, she just needed space.

"No thank you," Davina said angrily.

"Miss. Jones, I'm required to evaluate you." The nurse said annoyingly.

"No," Davina said again.

"Miss. Jones," the nurse began.

"No, I didn't harm myself, nor did I harm anyone else. I was attacked by multiple men last night, don't believe me? Call Fred Andrews who stopped the men. I don't need a psych evaluation. I have been through some pretty shitty stuff in my life, but I would never end my life. I'm fine." She said eyeing the nurse down who just shrugged and left.

The doctor came in and released Davina and FP drove them home. He told her for the next few weeks she was required to check in with him wherever she went, and she had a 20 minute time window to respond to calls and text messages. He didn't care if she went to Sweet Peas or wherever as long as she stayed in touch and he knew she was safe. When they pulled in Travis was sitting on the porch leaving everyone confused.

"Trav?" She said walking up to him "What are you doing here?" He was looking down at the ground. He and FP had spoken a bit since he came back to town but things were a bit stiff between them. Travis had a harder time adjusting to change and a harder time trusting people.

"I," he paused still looking down "I just wanted to see my family." He looked up to meet her eyes, a fresh bruise covering the right side of his face.

"What the hell happened?" FP said from behind Davina

"It was Uncle Bobby, wasn't it?" Davina said with a nasty taste in her mouth.

"He told me I couldn't have a South Side and a North Side family, he said I had to choose. I told him that I couldn't do that, and he got angry. I told him I couldn't choose between them and my father and siblings." FP's heart stopped briefly when he heard Travis say father, it was the first time he acknowledged him as such. "He then said some nasty things about you and we got into a fight," he paused "Is it okay if I stay here for the night?" He looked up at FP.

"Son, you stay here as long as you want." They then all entered the trailer and FP ordered Pizza.

"Why are you smiling?" Jughead said to Davina

"I'm just admiring the view," she laughed. She finally had the family she always wanted, and they were here right in front of her. The only thing missing was Jellybean and even Gladys. Growing up Gladys was always so nice to Davina and Travis, it was almost as if she felt bad for them and now they understood why.

"Are you going to stay at Riverdale High?" Davina questioned Travis.

"I was thinking, If you guys were okay with it I would transfer," he said looking between the other three.

"There's always room for another Jones," Jughead said patting Travis on the back.

"The only thing is they're gonna give him hell about not being a Serpent," Davina crossed her arms leaning back in her chair.

"Let's be honest, they're going to give him hell for being a Jones kid. Everyone is going to be confused," Jughead laughed at the thought and Davina remember only Sweet Pea knew about her brother.

Pod👑: Mi Amor
Pea💕: Yes, princess.
Pod👑: My brother is going to be attending South Side High.
Pea💕: Doesn't he already?
Pod👑: 🤦🏼‍ not Jughead. Travis.
Pea💕: Oh, right. I'm assuming you want me to play nice?
Pod👑: I mean, yeah.
Pea💕: I'll try.
Pod👑: Come cuddle?

Sweet Pea didn't respond to the message so Davina just went and took a shower. When she walked out of the bathroom wrapped in her towel she noticed all three of the men in the house were passed out in their appropriate spots. Travis was on an air mattress in Jughead's room. Davina paused and smiled for a second before continuing on to her room. She walked in and closed to door before flipping the light on, only to be startled by a man sitting at the end of her bed.

"Sweet Jesus!" She shouted holding onto her towel

"Uh, no. It's Sweet Pea, nice try though." He laughed as he grabbed her towel and pulled her towards him.

Needless to say there was no need for the towel or clothes at the moment. Afterwards, she changed into an oversized t-shirt, aka a Sweet Pea shirt, and panties. Sweet Pea was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants. She climbed into bed and wrapped herself in his arms and listened to his heartbeat. She hadn't realized how much she had missed the sound of his heart until this moment.

"I love you, Davina." He whispered before kissing her head.

"I love you, Sweet Pea." She responded kissing his neck.