Chapter 14 - No Turning Back

It had been 2 months since Davina started therapy, she had been doing two sessions a week. She had not felt better in her life. Her anger levels have dropped, she spends more time with her friends and family, she doesn't go drinking much any more, and her grades are almost perfect. Also, her relationship has hit its best so far.

When she woke up in the morning she found her brothers and father sitting at the kitchen table just staring at her.

"What?" She questioned

"Happy Birthday!" They shouted at her and she just smiled and rolled her eyes

"Happy Birthday to you as well, babes!" She said to Travis as she threw her arms around him.

It amazed her that she was finally going to get to spend a birthday with her twin again. FP had made them breakfast and they all sat around laughing and joking about everything. She hadn't had a good birthday in many many years and she couldn't have asked for a better start to her day.

When she was finished eating all the Jones kids finished getting ready for school and headed off. When she got there and walked through the security scanners her favorite serpent was there to greet her. Sweet Pea pressed his lips against hers and smiled.

"Happy Birthday, My Love." He said placing something in her hand

"Babe, you didn't have to." She said looking at him with admiring eyes

"But I wanted to," he smiled "open it."

She pulled off the wrapping paper to reveal a small jewelry box, when she opened it there was a gold snake necklace and she looked up at him with a huge smile. "Babe! I love it! Thank you!" she said kissing him as he took it from her and placed it around her neck.  When she turned back to look at him he reveal one as well around his neck and she melted with affection.

  When she turned back to look at him he reveal one as well around his neck and she melted with affection

After school Sweet Pea took her to the Sweet Water River where he had a little picnic set up for her. They spent a while there together before heading back to Sunny Side to spend time with her family. When they got there Toni and Travis had just pulled up as well. When they walked inside together the lights turned on and a bunch of people yelled "surprise!"

They spent the night celebrating with all their friends and their family. By far the best birthday she had ever had. Betty brought out a cake and everybody sang happy birthday to the twins. Half way through the song Davina was overcome by nausea. She held it back until the song was finished and the cake was being passed out, she then excused herself and went to the restroom where she was preparing to throw up. 

After she had thrown up she brushed her teeth and sat in the bathroom for a minute, while she was waiting there was a slight knock on the bathroom door and Toni appeared.

"You okay?" she said softly looking at the blonde who was trying to collect herself.

"Yeah, I must have had too much to eat, just got a little sick is all." She said looking at her friend and smiling. Toni on the other hand reached into her bag and handed Davina a long box. Davina looked at the box almost terrified.

"Lock the door," she said softly and Toni did as she was asked but she didn't leave the room.

After Davina used the restroom both girls sat there silently on the bathroom floor for a long moment before they heard a loud buzz signaling that time was up.

"Do you want me to look at it first?" Toni gave Davina a sympathetic look

"No, just promise me whatever it says you wont leave me." Davina sounded terrified

"I would never leave you," Toni said clutching her friends hand as Davina turned the little stick in her hand over revealing the screen. Toni and Davina gave each other a look before shoving the stick back in the box and hiding it in her room, so that they could return to the party.

After the party had ended and everyone had left Davina, Sweet Pea, Toni and Travis left to go for a walk. Davina and Toni walked side by side for a bit and talked about something that the others couldn't hear.

"So Sweet Pea," Travis began "Do you see a future with my sister?"

"She is my future," Sweet Pea said turning to look back at the blonde.

"Do you want kids?" Travis asked cautiously

"I've never really thought about it, but now that I am...I think I could enjoy having a family with her. What about you Travis, could you see yourself having kids with Topaz?" he said trying to embarrass the two.

"I could," they both said at the same time causing Davina to fake throw up.

Later that night when they got back the the trailer and went to their designated rooms, Davina sat on her bed and just stared at the floor while Sweet Pea got undressed for bed.

"Are you okay?" he said kneeling in front of her and taking her hands in his.

"Did you mean it?" she whispered

"What?" He questioned

"About having a family with me," she said looking up at him

"Every word," he smiled and kissed her forehead "Why?"

She just stared into his eyes for a long moment with a worried expression on her face before she pulled something out from under her leg and showed it to him. He took it for her slowly and just stared into her eyes before looking at the screen.

He dropped so he was sitting on the floor and he placed his head in one hand while his elbow rested on his knee

He dropped so he was sitting on the floor and he placed his head in one hand while his elbow rested on his knee. He just stared at it for a long time. They sat in silence, and Davina had silent tears falling down her cheek. He looked up at her and saw her crying and he immediately sat up and wiped them away and gently blew cool air on her face.

"Hey now, shh shh shh" he said softly "It's okay, it's going to be okay." He pulled her head to his chest and held onto her tightly.

"I'm sorry," she said muffled by her face being pressed to his chest "I forgot my birth control over when we went to the beach and I didn't realize it. I'm stupid."

"Hey, you're not stupid. These things happen, it's going to be okay. We are going to be okay." He said holding her tightly.

They fell asleep and when Davina woke in the middle of the night Sweet Pea hand one hand resting softly on her belly in a protective way. She smiled at the thought of them being a family and though she was still worried she was happy to have this little family. The problem though was telling FP and hoping he didn't kill them well mostly hoping he didn't kill Sweet Pea.

When she got back from the restroom she laid back on the bed only to be immediately pulled close to Sweet Pea and the have his hands caress her belly. She slowly drifted back to sleep, only to linger at the almost asleep part due to the fear of the conversation she has to have with their parents tomorrow.

When they woke up they got dressed and nervously made their way out to where the family was. They both sat at the table beside FP who gave them a confused look.

"We have to talk," Davina said softly

"Okay," FP said setting his coffee down and looking at them to see Davina crying a bit "Davina, why are you crying?"

"You're going to be really mad at me," she said looking at the floor

"Hey, you can tell me anything." He said squeezing her arm in a comforting way.

Davina looked at Sweet Pea and then behind her at the others sitting in the living room and Toni gave her a nod. Davina looked back at her father and paused "Daddy, please don't hate me," she said desperately

His heart shattered hearing those words, why would she ever think that was a possibility. "Never baby girl. Now, what is it? You need to tell me soon or else I'm going to suspect you're pregnant," he said smiling and taking a sip of his coffee only to notice Davina just staring at him with scared eyes and he almost choked on his coffee.

"You're not..." he began but she just nodded

"I am," she paused looking down ready to hear him scream at her but instead he grabbed her chair and pulled her towards him wrapping his arms around her.

"We'll make it work, baby." he brushed her hair with his hand and she broke down in tears with relief and she heard the others cheer and Jughead crack a joke, and then everything felt normal.

"How far along?" FP asked

"I don't know, I'm assuming around 8 weeks." She said placing her hand on her stomach still in disbelief that she was growing a human. "I'm a teen mom, can't wait to hear what everyone says about me."

"Let them talk, I'll break their nose." Sweet Pea said half joking.

"Teen mom or adult mom, you're still going to be the best mom there ever was," Jughead said from behind them making her smile.

"I love you all so much, thank you for being supportive." She said smiling at them all and grabbing Sweet Peas hand.