Chapter 42- New Beginnings

An empty room was all it took to either feel perfectly safe or completely uncomfortable. I sat sitting on one of the tables tossing an apple in the air as I watched Reggie fumble with his school work.

"Fuck this!" Reggie said as his fist slammed against the table

"You're not focusing," I laughed before my lips brushed the skin of the apple and my teeth clamped down.

"Well this is easy for you, you're smart,"

I shrugged as I chewed the piece of apple in my mouth "you're smart you just refuse to use your brain."

"at least I have manners," Reggie laughed as he pointed to me talking with my mouth full

"Just breathe and focus yourself and then do the problem,"

Reggie sighed before standing up from his spot and then he walked towards me. He stood in front of me for a long moment before placing his hands on my thighs.

"I can think of a better way to focus myself," he smirked at me.

I looked at him for a long moment as I finished chewing another piece of apple. I set it down on the table and then I placed my hands on top of his and leaned forward.

"And what's that?" I asked

His hands slid up my thighs and then my sides, his fingers trailing the exposed skin of my waist as his fingers caught the hem of my shirt.

His hands found their way to my face as the cupped either side of it. Our eyes locked for a moment before his lips came crashing onto mine.

My heart began to race as my nerves sky rocketed. His tongue pressed against my teeth until I allowed him access. I felt him lean his body weight against me and push me backwards. Chills immediately ran up my spine as my back touched the cold metal of the table.

I locked my fingers around his neck and my legs around his waist as his lips touched my neck. I stifled a moan as his lips continued to brush against my neck as his hands began to trail underneath my shirt.

My hands clasped onto the hem of his shirt and I pulled on it until his shirt was laying on the floor behind me. He sat up and looked at me and I could tell he was debating going any further.

Truth be told I had never been with anyone other than Sweet Pea, and the thought of sleeping with Reggie both aroused me and filled me with gut wrenching guilt.

Then I remembered, he left me. He broke up with me. We were toxic for each other. Just because you enjoyed the drug doesn't mean it's good for you. He was an addict and I was the drug. No matter how many times I hurt him he kept coming back for more.

Maybe just maybe this was best for both of us. I learn to be with someone other than my first love, and he can detox from the poison he let consume him.

I pulled my shirt off and leaned backwards again, my teeth brushed against my lip as I kept my eyes on him. He lifted his eye brows at me

"Are you sure about this Davy?" Reggie asked me "I don't want you to do anything you're not 100% sure about."

"I guess it's a good thing I'm sure,"

He leaned forwards brushing a strand of hair behind my ear and the softly cupping the back of my head with his hand. He then placed his lips against mine again.

That's it, there was no turning back.

————————————

The bell rang and I rolled over into Reggie. My hand rested on his chest and he turned to face me with a huge smile as he played with my hair.