Chapter 28- Escape

"Honestly, I think you are to self absorbed to care about those around you." Davina snapped as she walked into the room.

"Davina, How nice of you to join us," Hiram said softly

"I'm always nice company, Hiram. We all know that. Now, how about you tell us why you really don't want Jughead to publish anything with you in it?" She said as she stood next to her father and Jughead.

"Bad publicity is all," Hiram said while giving Davina a death glare

"Hmm," she nodded "Okay."

Hiram and Veronica left leaving the Jones family to feel defeated. Well, all but one felt defeated and that was because Travis was rarely ever around.

"Look, you know if we can't stop this you can go live with Rose." FP said with pain

"I'm not leaving you," Davina said as she placed her hand on her fathers arm "Ever."

++

Davina sat around her house for a bit while she waited for Sweet Pea to show up. It was weird not having him there already since he basically lived in her room but he was trying to get along with his family.

"Why aren't you wearing pants?" A voice questioned and Davina turned to face him and she smiled

"It helps me think," She giggled

"Nice try, You're not Eric Selvig." Sweet Pea said as he placed his arms around her

"You don't think I could be a super smart scientist that helps stop aliens from destroying our planet?" She said with a pouty face

"You have the super smart part down, but lets be honest you would help the aliens destroy the planet." He laughed at her

"Maybe, but the more likely part would be I'd fall madly in love with Loki and take over Asgard with him."

"Madly in love?" He said as he lifted an eyebrow at her

"You're my Loki," she smiled

"Ew, Cheesy." he said as he scooped her up and threw her onto her bed and curled up beside her as they turned on a movie.

Later that night Davina left her room to get her and Sweet Pea a drink and when she did she overheard Jughead talking to their father about Alice and Betty.

"No," She said as she entered the room

"Davina," they both said at the same time

"I can't believe you got him involved in this!" She snapped at Jughead

"They need our help!" he defended

"You would risk your fathers safety for your girlfriend! You would risk dad having to go back to jail to keep your girlfriend and her mother out!" Davina snapped and Sweet Pea came out and tried to calm her down before anything could escalate further there was a knock at the door and FP answered it.

++

"I hate this!" Davina said as she paced back and forth

"Stop pacing, you're freaking me out!" Jughead said

"Shut up!" She snapped

"He will be okay, D." Jughead said

"Yeah he better be." She snapped

"Lets go to Pops now," Alice said softly and Davina walked out of the house and climbed onto her bike.

When she pulled up to Pops she roughly got off her bike and stormed into the diner and plopping down into a booth. When everyone else joined her she buried her face into the menu and ignored their presence. She also spent her time texting a drunk Sweet Pea and she would allow random laughs to escape gaining weird looks from the table.