Chapter 20-Can I?

The song within the text is by Anna Clendening but I am using it as a song Davina wrote. This song in the title will go with something towards the end of this when Sweet Pea and Davina are together. I'll put this (**) next to the paragraph where it starts, because I love this song and I think it fits that story line perfectly.

A few more weeks had passed by and still no word from Davina. It seemed as if everyone had moved on. Sweet Pea was happy with Cara, Toni and Travis were madly in love, Betty and Jughead were back together, and the world continued to turn.

Everyone was at the Wyrm enjoying the music, beer, and pool games. Sweet Pea had Cara against his hip and FP had even gotten used to them being together and had started to socialize with Cara a bit more. They all sat around laughing and drinking and Travis and Sweet Pea had a serious game going.

The door to the bar opened and a long cold refreshing gust of wind overcame the inside of the Wyrm. With the wind came a young petite girl with long golden locks of hair dancing along hair back, and bright blue eyes lighting up the room. She looked healthy and....renewed? Heads turned, voices stopped as everyone paid attention the girl entering the bar. She didn't stop to talk to anyone, instead she marched straight up to the office leaving everyone dumbfounded.

FP was about to follow behind her when she came out of the office moments later and descended the steps. She walked over to the table where her family stood and she locked eyes with FP, awaiting for his scolding. Before FP could do anything Travis shoved him out of the way and threw his arms around her hugging her so tightly she couldn't breathe, when he let go Jughead and then FP followed in pursuit.

She smiled at Sweet Pea and greeted her Toni and Fangs. She stood there for a moment soaking in everything that had changed.

"Hello," Davina said softly to girl in Sweet Peas arms "I'm Davina

"Hello," Davina said softly to girl in Sweet Peas arms "I'm Davina."

"Cara," she said shaking hands with Davina. Meanwhile Sweet Pea is trying to push back the overwhelming feeling of nausea that had overcome his body.

"I hope he's treating you well," Davina smiled

"Oh, he is. He's a perfect gentleman." Cara said smiling up at Sweet Pea who faked a smile in response.

"That's good, you look cute together." Davina stood there for a long moment before making an awkward face "Anyways....I'm going home. So....bye." She said before turning on her heels and walking away, leaving everyone confused.

"Was that real?" Fangs asked "Was she really here?"

"Yeah," Jughead paused "she was."

*****

"Uh, it's so boring now." Davina said sitting on the couch startling her friends.

"Oh. My. God!!!!" Veronica, Betty, Kevin, and Archie shouted and jumped up to hug her.