Chapter 30- Chains

"I'm going to do it with him," Davina snapped at Archie and Veronica who were sitting in the student lounge complaining about Jughead's hunger strike.

"Davina," Veronica laughed "You can't go on a hunger strike, it's too dangerous for you."

"She's not fragile," Sweet Pea snapped

"Uh- she kind of is," Veronica laughed at him

"No she's not. She's stronger than any of us here. You wouldn't have survived 1/18 of what she went through." He growled

"Pea, it's okay. She's a Lodge all they care about is money and power. It doesn't matter who they hurt, just as long as they get what they want." Davina said as she took Sweet Peas hand in hers and began walking away.

"You're just like Jughead, refusing to believe in something good." Archie snapped

"And you're just like my mother, allowing someone to warp your mind and give up your morals and values. How long until you hurt every single person you care about, Arch? How long until the only people left standing in your life is the Lodges, not even your family?" Davina said painfully "you're running out of time."

With that she and Sweets exited the room and headed out to their bikes. The walk was quiet and she just looked up at him

"You believe I can do it right?" She said and he just smiled at her

"You have proved to accomplish everything you set your mind to. I will always believe in you," he said before kissing her forehead and pulling him closer to her.

When they got to their bikes Davina received a text and she sighed

Daddio💩: Davy, meet me at the Wyrm.
Davy😸: yessir.

"I must part from your glorious presence," she said smiling up at her giant for a boyfriend "See you at home."

"Home," he smiled at her

When they got the clear that the Serpents could stay in their homes Sweet Pea officially moved into the trailer with the Jones family. Davina woke up every morning next to him and fell asleep every night in his arms.

They were young but they had proven that they were better together. Davina and Sweet Pea needed each other like a human need oxygen to breathe. Whenever they were apart bad things happened, and Sweet Pea healed Davina's mind. Helped her believe in herself and that it is possible to be happy despite her past.

When she got into the Wyrm she went up to the office to see her dad standing beside Hogeye. She slowly walked towards and smiled

"Hello Daddio," she smiled

"Davina," FP said worriedly "Hogeye heard some interesting news today."

"Uh-did he now?" Davina said shooting Hogeye a death glare

"He said you're joining Jug on his hunger strike," FP said locking eyes with her

"I am,"

"I'm worried about that," he said as he shifted his feet "you already have difficulties with eating sometimes."

"Dad," she smiled and stepped up to him placing her hands gently on his arm "I promise i'm okay. I will be okay. I won't stop eating for good just until changes are made."

"If at any point I think you're going back to.."he began but was cut off

"I'll let you force feed me a burger," she laughed "I got this."

FP nodded before placing her in his arms and hugging her tightly. Of all the things she's been through he just wanted to make sure she stayed okay. That she remembered she's okay, nobody is going to hurt her, she's happy, healthy, and loved.