Chapter 43- Feelings Suck

As all the students left the lounge you could hear the halls fill with laughter and chatter. Everyone seemed to be perfectly content with the outcome of today.

I had one class left for the day so Reggie and I made our way there. As we got to my last period class he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. For some reason I didn't want to let go.

Today was the first day that anything physical had happened with us. Before we were just flirtatious friends, and now we are.... I guess dating?

"You know, we could just dip out now," Reggie joked

"Okay," I said excitedly

"Wait...Really?" He said as he looked down at me

"Yes, Reginald. Remember, you're the well behaved jock and I'm..." I trailed off

"You're the not as well behaved rebel," he said as he took my hand in his

He didn't want me to down myself, but instead of telling me not to talk bad about who I am, he replaced my bad thoughts with more positive ones. He understood that I'm still a work in progress and he didn't care about my past.

He guided me out of the building and down the steps. As we hit the last step I jumped up onto his back and he carried me to his car. However, I made sure that on the way to the car I kissed his head as much as I could.

"Davina, you're distracting me,"

"You're just walking Reg, that's a natural instinct." I laughed at him

He set me down gently on the ground beside his car as he gripped onto my hips and pushed me against the door.

My hands slid up his shoulders and around his neck. We just stood there enjoying each others company, perfectly content with the quietness surrounding us.

I felt the door open behind me and push me forwards so I took that as my cue to get in. As Reggie drove off to wherever we were going I felt his hand slide under my hand and his fingers link themselves with mine. I looked over at him and flashed him a soft smile before resting my head on the window and looking out.

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't weird for me. If I was be honest I would tell you that every time he touched me in any way, whether it be his hand linking with mine, or a kiss, memories of Sweet Pea would flash in my head.

The love I shared with Sweet Pea has not gone away nor diminished in the slightest. The love I have for him is like a raging wildfire, it continues to spread and grow. It will not end unless it's forcefully put out, but even then you can expect for it to come back.

I felt guilty for still thinking that way, because I do think Reggie and I could be something special, I do care for him. But everything was happening so fast and i think about Sweet Pea and how he must feel and I'm breaking inside.

I just want to go to him and wrap my arms around him, tell him I love him, and that everything will be okay. That we will be together in the end.

But I can't.

Our plans to go to the quarry went out the window when it began to storm. He couldn't go back to his house because his parents would kill him for dipping out of school early, especially with a Serpent beside him. So we went to mine. 

As we stepped out of the car into my driveway I paused as I remembered how differently Reggie and I lived. His family was fairly wealthy and he lived in a nice large home and then there was me. I didn't care about material things but the idea of him potentially thinking less of me really tore at my heart. 

I slowly climbed the steps with Reggie behind me. I unlocked the door and stepped inside making sure to hold the door open for Reggie as I did. He stood in the kitchen looking around for a long moment and he didn't turn to face me until he heard me close the door. 

He must've been able to tell I was uncomfortable because he pulled my keys out of my hands and set them on the counter. He pulled me into his arms and I rested my head against his chest while chewing on the inside of my bottom lip. 

I showed him to my room which had maroon walls with string lights tracing the ceiling. I had paintings and sketches plastered all around my walls as well as a small keyboard in the corner. My comforter was white with black trees and roses. 

"Are these all yours?" He asked me as he pointed to my walls