Chapter 21- Heartbeat

They woke up the next morning to a nurse messing with Sweet Peas Iv. Davina sleepily rolled over pressing her body harder into Sweet Peas only to snap awake when she realized what she did.

"I'm sorry," she said staring straight at him

"It's fine, baby. I'm okay," he smiled as he placed a kiss onto her head.

When they readjusted their positions they noticed there was another visitor in the room. Davina awkwardly shifted in the bed and Sweet Pea just rubbed his temples.

"Cara," he said softly

"You don't even have the decency to break up with me first?" She scoffed "what was I to you?"

"A bandage," Davina snorted

"Cara, I do care about you," Sweet Pea began

"But you cheated on me with her!" Cara snapped

"It's not the simple," he continued "she's my drug. I'm addicted to her I have withdraws when I'm not with her. Everything changed when she came back, I'm so sorry."

Cara stood there for a long moment with her arms crossed just staring at the two. Her heart hurt from what he did but she knew Davina Jones and the control she had on Sweet Peas heart. She had never met her personally but she heard stories.

"It wasn't my intention to ruin things with you two," Davina began "I truly wanted him to find happiness with someone else. But like he said we are both addicts and we are each other's drugs, us being together is inevitable."

Cara slowly turned and started to walk out the door. Both Davina and Sweet Pea watched her sad for how she must be feeling but relieved to have each other. Cara then turned around and smiled at them.

"I get it," She said softly before exiting the room.

A few hours had gone by and Davina had just jumped out of the shower before snuggling back up to her boyfriend.

"Are you okay?" She said looking at him and noticing he was sweating "Pea..." she said while placing her hand on his forehead "you're burning up." She then reached over and hit the nurses button on his bed phone. She stood up to take a look out the door and when she looked back over to him she watched his eyes roll into the back of his head and he started to convulse.

Davina immediately threw open the door and screamed for a nurse, they had already been on there way due to his machine going haywire. Davina was pushed to the back of the room while she watched the nurses pump him full of things to try and get the seizing to stop. Davinas heart was racing a million miles an hour and she felt like throwing up.

She stood around for what seemed like hours watching them work on him and their voices echoing through her mind. All she could think of was everything the were, could have been, and should be. She felt lost and alone.

*beep...beep....beep...beeeeeeeeeeeeeep*
"Crash cart!" Someone shouted and Davina watched as they brought in a defibrillator machine to the side of his bed. Her body collapsed in the back of the room no longer able to fight the shock.

"Davina!" Sweet Pea called for her
"What?" She snapped as she turned to see a pair of chocolate eyes staring at her.
"Sweet Pea?" She said confused and happy at the same time "shouldn't you be on the other side of town?"
"Shouldn't you?" He winked "join me?"
"In what? Terrorizing young children?"
"Nah, that's a Tuesday thing. I was thinking more along the lines of lunch." He smiled at her causing her heart to beat faster
"Fine." She scoffed "I am famished." She said rolling her eyes at him.
They sat at Pops enjoying lunch and each other's company. Davina imaging how Rose and Henry would react to them being together.
"Davina Nix!!" A woman snapped from the diner door
"Shit," she whispered under her breath as she began to fumble for her wallet

"Davina Nix!!" A woman snapped from the diner door"Shit," she whispered under her breath as she began to fumble for her wallet

"Davina..." Sweet Pea paused "stop! I got it." He placed his hand on hers. That's when Davina looked up and saw Henry standing beside her. She stood up carefully and he gripped onto her arm and they walked out. He practically threw her into the car, Sweet Peas blood began to boil thinking of the fear in Davinas eyes.

That night he drove by her house and watched it for a bit, not in a creepy way but in a making sure she was safe kind of way. He heard lots of yelling and door slamming and he watched a shadow in the top right room throw something at the wall before the lights went out. He wanted to go in a save her, he wanted to help, but he didn't know how. He didn't know that Davina saw him across the street, he didn't know how safe she felt knowing he was there. He didn't know that was the day she realized she needed him like she needed oxygen.

"Call it," the doctor said snapping Davinas attention back to Sweet Pea

"No! No!" Davina shouted from the corner "you can't give up!" She sobbed as she ran to his side beginning best compressions, she learned them a while back when she took CPR.

"You don't get to do this, Sweet Pea." She sobbed "You don't get to die on me!"

"Miss. Jones, I'm afraid it's too late. He went septic." The doctor said placing his hand on her shoulder

"No!" She said pushing the doctor back "Baby please, please listen to my voice! Please don't leave me, come back to me. Remember we are gonna get married! We'll have our own family, we will be happy. You said you'd grow old with me!"

FP walked into the room just in time to see the doctors rip her off of him and see her crumble to the ground

FP walked into the room just in time to see the doctors rip her off of him and see her crumble to the ground. He ran to her side scooping her up into his arms and rocking her, trying to comfort her.

"Time of death," The doctor began but before he could finish his sentence a noise came from the monitor

*be-bee...bee...beep*