Chapter 41- Sorry

I....uh...I'm just going to apologize in advance...

so...Sorry.

Sweet Peas POV:

I sat down beside her, my heart was racing a million miles per hour. I sat there letting all my thoughts clear out and then I looked at her.

"We need to talk," I said to her and she just nodded

"I love you Davina, and that's never going to change."

I watched her eyes flip upwards, she did this when she was trying to keep from crying. I wanted to reach forward and wipe them away, but I didn't.

"I've stuck by you through everything, and I wish more than anything that I had the strength to continue doing that, but at this moment I don't." I paused as her eyes met mine again

"I just need to figure out if this is what I really want...what I need."

"I just want you to be happy," she said through tears "and if that's not me then so be it."

I watched as her right hand fell down onto her left and she removed the ring.

"No, keep it. It was for you,"

"No, Pea. It's for the woman you want to marry someday," she then placed it in my hand and then she stood up and walked away from me.

I watched her go and my hands started shaking. I felt the rage inside of me begin to rise, I know I was the one who ended it but she didn't even fight me.

Later that night I was walking through the house and I found her asleep on the couch in the garage. I looked around until I found a blanket I could place on her. I sat there for a long moment staring at her as she slept, she looked so peaceful.

I managed to find a spot in the living room to sleep in and I had to admit my whole body ached to lay with Davina.

----------------------------

The next morning I woke up to see FP walk through the door, I knew this could either go really well or really poor. Davina was still upset over the Toledo thing and I was almost positive she was going to ignore him.

My theory proved right, as soon as he entered the kitchen Davina walked out. Not just out of the kitchen but out of the house.

"Davina," I shouted after her and she halted before turning to face me

"I'm fine,"

"No you're not, talk to me." I pleaded with her

"What do you want me to say Sweet Pea?"

"Anything, just let me in."

She froze with her face contorted as if she was thinking and trying not to speak at the same time.

"That's all I ever wanted Davina, all I ever wanted was for you to let me in."

"Whenever I do you push me away,"

I felt my heart drop as I stared at her. She was right, I never could accept her feelings, sure I stayed with her and I accepted her presence, but had I ever truly accepted who she really was?

"My father wants to leave Travis and I here with our mother while he runs off to be with his other children and his whatever she is to him. I had the pregnancy scare of a lifetime, I watched my best friend get shot, I thought he died, found out he was alive after thinking my brother was going to die. Then I lose you, so yeah Sweet Pea I am not great but standing here with you while you pretend to care doesn't make it any easier."