Chapter 17- Picture Perfect

Davina decided she didn't want to just sit at home a wallow in the pain of the past, so she got up and got dressed for school. When she left her room all three of the Jones boys stared at her in disbelief and fear. They wanted her to stay home a bit longer but knew not to argue with her.

When she got to South Side all she could think about was the night she lost her baby. She walked the halls and flashbacks of the locker incident played in her head on repeat. Later that day when she got to the lunch table she asked to speak to Sweet Pea alone. So they disappeared to an empty classroom.

"I'm going to go back to Riverdale High," she said softly "I just keep picturing the incident with the cops and my heart hurts. I don't want to wake up one day and resent all of this."

Sweet Pea pulled her into his arms knowing she thought he'd be upset "If that's what you believe is best for you then I will support it," he said softly but he knew it would change things and not just for the best.

After the last bell rang Davina emptied her locker and watched all the kids exit the halls until she was alone. She walked around the building slowly taking in everything. Yeah this school was shitty but it gave her a family, a sense of belonging and she was going to miss it.

She exited the school and walked slowly to her bike. The rest of the serpents were gone, even Sweet Pea and her brothers. She took a deep breath and said drove away. When she got home FP had been pulling in as well he had just gotten done with work at Pops.

"Hey baby girl," he said as he took off his helmet and started walking towards the house.

"Hey Dad," She smiled at him and his heart stopped as it had been a while since he saw even a resemblance of a smile.

"How'd he take it?" He asked as the walked through the door

"He took it well, too well." She began "but he was gone today before I got to my bike, so who knows." She said as she grabbed a yogurt from the fridge and sat at the table to eat it.

"Who took what well?" Travis asked as he and Toni walked into the kitchen

"Sweet Pea about me going back to Riverdale high."

"You're what?" Toni and Travis said at the same time

"It's best," Davina began "I need this."
Travis and Toni shrugged before leaving the house. They spent almost every minute together and it made Davina sick, but in a good way.

Jughead has been in his room writing away when Davina knocked on his door and he just made a sound in response. She sat down on his bed and watched him work, it was peaceful. She wanted to start painting again, but it had been so long she thought it was a bad idea.

"Are you okay?" Jughead said suddenly

"Yeah, why?"

"Davy, I know your worried presence when I see it," he laughed

"Worried presence," she repeated his words "makes it sound like I brood."

"Don't you?"

"Oh, shut up." She laughed "just nervous about tomorrow."

"You don't have to go back," jughead said "but they'll be happy to have you."

"The gang maybe, but not the rest of them." She said as she laid back "and Cheryl. Ugh."

Jughead closed his laptop and looked at her. He then he walked over and plopped down beside her. He had always been her best friend and it was even better now that they were siblings. Travis may be her twin by blood but she had a stronger connection with Jug than she did with anyone else.