"How do you know about that?" I asked and she gave me a sad smile.

"Because he gave it to me once." She touch her neck then mine.

"Promise me you won't go to him." I was quite for a while but then nodded.

"I promise." She smiled, hugged me then went back to the others.

Everyone were lining up with their teams. I walked over to my team when I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I looked over at Sakura and noticed the concern look on her face. Then I looked over at Kimimaru who was standing in front of everyone else with her mask on. When did she put it on?

"First off for the second test. Congratulations on passing. The Hokage will now explain the third test. Listen carefully. Lord Hokage." Anko said catching everyone's attention.

"Yes, for the coming third test... but before I explain that... There is something I'd like you to know. It concerns the true meaning of the exams." The Hokage said. I noticed everyone was confused except for Kimimaru and the sand kids.

"Why do we have all the allianced countries taking the exams together? 'To promote friendship among the countries.' 'To raise the level of a shinobi.' I don't want you to be confused about the true meaning... this exam is a replacement for war among the allied countries."

"What does that mean?" I heard someone say.

"If you go back in time the current allies were enemies who fought each other over who would rule. In order to prevent wasteful fighting, the stage these the countries chose for battle... that is the origin of the Chuunin Selection Exam." The Hokage finished.

"Why the hell do we need to do that crap! Isn't this to decide who's a Chunin?!" Naruto shouted.

"Naruto you're wrong." Kimimaru said looking straight at the Hokage.

"It's true that the exams are to see if you're qualified to be a Chunin but that's not the only thing. The country's shinobi risk their own life to protect the land's prestige. Am I right Gramps?" She said smiling at him.

"You're right but-"

"Also, important people are going to be watching us. The leaders of the countries are going to be watching. We have to show them who's stronger. We as shinobi have to represent our village. A shinobi's true strength is born only through life - risking battle." Kimimaru said not letting the Hokage explain himself.

"I guess I don't have to explain myself as much as I had to." The Hokage said looking at Kimimaru.

"How do you know so much about this?" I heard Kabuto said. I still don't trust them even though he helped us out in the forest.

"Everyone always talks about it. It just that we don't pay attention." She said smiling at him.

"Coming from the person who would sleep in class all the time." I said and she gave me a harsh look.

"Anyway, This is a life - risking battle. With your dreams and your country prestige on the line." The Hokage said making her face him.

"I get it." Naruto said nodding his head like an idiot.

"I don't care what it is. Just hurry up and tell us what this life - risking battle entails." That sand kid said.

"Yeah! I agree with Gaara." Kimimaru said smiling at him.

"Yes, I'd like to explain the third test but..."

"Actually *cough* I apologize lord Hokage. From here on as referee will you please allow me Hayate Gekkou." A shinobi said appearing out of anywhere in front of the Hokage.