Chapter 20

IT WAS SIX MONTHS AFTER I WITNESSED Primo race for the first time – illegally. After that, I have watched him do a few legal races, all enjoyable for me.

Why? Because he keeps winning.

Lance and his group have stopped harassing us since then but we still kept our distance, mas mabuti na ang sigurado at baka bumalik na naman ang saltik sa ulo ng mga 'to.

We're even more careful not to cross paths now unlike any other day dahil nasa isang circuit ang grupo ni Primo at ni Lance para sa iisang event – ang Grand Prix PH League. An annual event which is usually held one month after the race fair, 'yon nga lang they had to postpone the race series for the later period dahil nagka-problema sa host circuit. Six months later and after a few mini race series, the Grand Prix has finally started.

Noong isang linggo pa talaga ang opening ceremony, in which both me and Shiva attended in the guise of an additional staff for Primo's team which we only chose mainly because the vip audience pass did not do justice to the actual booth in the track – and during those times, Primo's group has garnered several golds and silvers. Out of the seven events which has been held for the past few days, they got fours golds. They got silver in the Drifting category since Lance is there. Primo, Jag, Ranger, and Seige all won gold in their individual categories.

"Finally, an event where the boys aren't teammates. Gusto kong makita kung sino ang pinakamagaling sa kanila pag magkakalaban sila," Shiva said as she put down the event leaflet from the notes board.

"It's a show, wala naman bearing ang match na 'yan sa individual ranking nila." I informed her.

Nakaupo kami sa paddock na assigned sa brand sponsor nila Primo. It's located behind the pits – which is the working area of the GP and the access is strictly limited to the teams, sponsors, media, and employees of the Grand Prix. We've been told that we could go to the pit lane later and maybe watch along side with the pit crew – these are the maintenance team of each racers– we were allowed to go beyond the staff point. Hindi naman na kami makakadistorbo sa kanila since the last race before awarding is a no bearing race and it's just a quick exhibition game between the participants para ma-enjoy ang mga audience.

"I know, but you know them. They're going to do this one seriously. Ma-pride sila kaya magpapagalingan ang mga 'yon and also they won't pass on their bragging rights," Shiva reasoned, taking off her glasses while talking.

We've been twinning with our outfits, she's wearing a red tube top and mine's a red racerback – then both of us paired it with a high-waist mom jeans and black tie up leather boots. We also got white varsity cap to finish off our attire.

We wanted to look good but seeing how the other girls were wearing and – we're just pretty decent with our outfits. They're like walking fashion icons who got lost in the middle of the race track.

And don't get me started with the racers.

If I'd get stuck in an elevator with them, I'll even thank the maintenance for not checking the lift.

They're hot.

So I understand why girls wanted to dress themselves up.

"What are you girls talking about?" Seige, asked.

I almost rolled my eyes. Sa lahat ng kaibigan namin ni Shiva, it was Seige who keeps on inserting himself in the middle of our conversation. Kumbaga kapag may niluluto kaming dalawa ni Shiva, he'll smell it and then he'll arrive in the middle of us eating like a perfect timing.

"Wal– Oh? Bakit nandito ka? I thought you're going to race in an hour? 'Di ba dapat nasa pit lane ka na?" I asked him, surprised he's still here.

He took off his racer suit then changed into his team's polo shirt.