Chapter 21

THE RIDE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL was the longest ride I've ever experienced. I was holding Shiva's hand praying to the almighty that Primo's injuries were not critical. Jaguar was driving us to the hospital where he will be admitted and since Primo was airlifted and only Seige was allowed to ride the copter with him, wala kaming choice kung hindi ay humabol sa kung saan siya dadalhin ng mga medic.

"Louis, any update?" seryosong tanong ni Jaguar sa cellphone na connected sa sasakyan nito.

It was clearly no time for joke for the usual funny Jaguar.

"We've just arrived, he's being brought to the emergency room," Louis updated on the other line seriously. "Who went to the awarding?"

"That damn awarding," Jaguar gritted his teeth, angry. "Ranger stayed for that damn awarding. They couldn't even give us a break. Primo crashed his car for fuck's sake!"

Ranger had no choice but to be left to represent the team despite his protest. Hindi pwedeng walang representative sa awarding dahil magkaka-breach of contract sila sa mga sponsors. Jaguar was keen on going and Ranger is second in-charge to Primo so he was left to handle the team's official affairs.

Hindi na nagdagdag pa ng sasabihin si Louis at pinatay ang tawag matapos sabihin kung saang ospital sila diniretso. He was clearly busy as we've heard the ruckus in the background during the phone call.

"I don't want to add to your worries Ayah but you should know the entrance of the hospital's is packed with media. They're having a field day dahil kaka-announce lang ng relasyon mo kay Primo and this happened," Jaguar warned as he's steering the car towards the hospital's direction.

I just nodded.

I couldn't speak.

I have no words, no strength, and no idea what's going to happen to Primo – and how this roller coaster of events keeps happening to us is enough to cost me my sanity.

"Don't worry, the cars are engineered to withstand maximum impacts and heat... I'm sure he'll be fine..." Jaguar convinced us, more for himself. "He'll be fine."

Tumulo ulit ang mga luhang nagbabadya sa mata ko.

I keep convincing myself he was fine and that's what everyone in our friend group can only do.

I knew there was something wrong when he said his I love you's.

As Jaguar drove down the familiar alley, I saw the pack of media with their camera ready to devour everyone related to Primo inside this car. Sigurado akong 'pag namataan nila ang sasakyan ni Jaguar ay dudumugin kami ng mga ito. Jaguar is quite famous too so it's no surprise they'll know it's him inside the car.

"You can use the next alley entrance, Jag."

"Bakit?" Jaguar asked in confusion. "I think that's for employee's entrance and car park, we're not allowed there."

"You're not allowed there," ani Shiva habang nakaturo kay Jaguar pagkuway nilipat niya ang hintuturo sa harap ko. "But she is."

Naguguluhang tiningnan ni Jaguar si Shiva.

"Ayah's parents owns the hospital," Shiva answered him.

Namilog ang mga mata ni Jaguar at tinignan ang direksyon ko. "Holy shi– you're rich? You've got to be kidding me. What about those times when I thou– God, this is insane!"

I refused to answer Jaguar. I was in no mood to talk about my parent's net-worth or assets. I just wanted to go to Primo - fast and unobstructed.

Pinandilatan naman ni Shiva si Jaguar at sinabihan na magmadali na.