Chapter 22

I WAITED PATIENTLY FOR PRIMO'S FAMILY to get inside his hospital room the next evening – I was told they will come in two groups. Si Brent ang unang bumisita kasama ang kanyang tagabantay at taga asikaso. Brent was in Texas with their whole family for the whole year but he went home recently to watch his brother compete in the Ph Grand Prix.

Hindi naman ito nagtagal pa sa kwarto ni Primo dahil na bored ito at okay naman na ang kuya niyo. Primo was just advised to get rest because his body is experiencing extreme fatigue.

I was well aware that Primo's dad and his step mom were in Texas to finish off some of their business deal. The flight from there is technically almost 24 hours so when they heard Primo was in a crash, they immediately book their flight home.

I was prepared to meet them.

was.

It wasn't in the plan that I'll meet them while he's involved in a car crash, they have been vehemently against Primo racing because of this – and let's not even forget about the fact that my mom publicly announced I am marrying him without us both knowing or his family.

They must've been livid!

And where is my mom after dropping the bomb? Nowhere.

"Let's talk when Primo's parents are around."

She only sent me that text and evaporated through her busy engagements and business deals.

Hindi ko rin makausap si Primo dahil kahit na nasa ospital siya ay walang humpay pa rin ang trabaho niya. He was checking his team virtually and Louis is updating him. Kung hindi naman siya busy sa trabaho ay tulog naman siya dahil sa mga gamot na pinapainom sa kanya.

I was getting really hopeless about the situation. But as long as there's no ring and there's no formal talk between us, I've decided not to overthink these things.

"Relax, babe." Primo reminded me as I was sitting in the big receiving sala set of his presidential room.

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "Easy for you to say because you don't care. What if they don't like me?"

Tumawa siya ng malakas. "That's impossible."

"But what if? What if they'll disown you?"

"I can't say I'm afraid to get disowned because I was disowned a lot of times. It didn't help that I unfortunately got into an accident because of racing," he said, grinning. "Come here, go give me a hug bago pa ako mapagalitan. I need strength."

I am stressed and nervous but I followed nicely.

He was on the brink of life and death and he only got lucky that he's not six feet under the ground right now.

Right there and then, I've realized how fleeting life is and how it's much better to live life to the fullest and to show people how much you mean to them.

Pero syempre aawayin ko pa rin si Primo paminsan-minsan – he's really just annoying sometimes.

I sat on the right side of his bed, the foam was sinking my weight as I hugged him tightly.

Primo's scent is really my favorite scent in the world. Masculine but mild like a morning mint.

"I love you," he whispered. "You know that, don't you?"

I smiled then nodded before I answer. "I love you the same."

He cupped my face then kissed me on my lips. I placed my hands on his chest and savoured the kiss. When he was content, he stayed hugging me for a long while habang ang ilong niya'y nakasandig sa may bandang tenga ko.