Chapter 19

AFTER THE MATCH HAS BEEN SETTLED, we stayed on the top of the cliff track. Some of the crowd went down and some other stayed, like us. Tapos na kasi ang event ngayong gabi dahil na-cancel ang naka line-up na mga matches when Primo and Lance inserted themselves on the schedule. Since it was a one time match, they've been allowed to race tonight. Besides, people were waiting for their race to happen for the longest time. I even heard people talking about how this race was a very good match at malas ng mga 'di nakapanuod.

"Easiest money gained in my entire life," ani Jag at winagayway ang napanalunan. "Thanks bro!" he told Primo.

"I should've put a bet on Primo," Shiva stood up then sat down again in Seige's car hood. "Why didn't you tell me, you traitor!" he told Jaguar.

"Wala ka namang pampusta. Baka mangutang ka pa sa'kin," biro ni Jaguar sa kanya.

"Sabagay, medyo may point ka."

Natawa kaming lahat. Both of them are always bickering and it's like sitting in the front row in one of their shows in a comedy bar.

Speaking of sitting – we're all seated in the car's hood. Naging hobby na rin namin ang tumambay sa mga ganitong lugar. Surprisingly, this was nice. Malamig ang hangin, the place is almost deserted, you can freely drink and talk to each other. Peaceful hangout place kumbaga.

I felt my head slightly tipsy dahil sa dalawang shots ng tequila na ininom ko kanina. They put it in a beer pong cup kaya hindi ko napansing marami pala ang nasa isang baso. I thought it was beer – and the second I notice it was not, it was too late. Masyado rin akong kabado sa oras na 'yon to even think about what kind of alcohol it was.

"You reek of alcohol," marahang sabi ni Primo – his right arm rested just beside my waist while we're sitting side by side.

"I must've drink a shot or two," I told him honestly.

Awtomatikong dumako ang tingin niya sa tatlong lalaki sa harap. Pasimpleng nagbusy-busyhan ang mga ito at kunwari'y kinakausap ang mga kasamahan.

I almost shook my head.

I can't believe how big of a coward they get when it comes to Primo.

"I told you not do anything stupid," his voice is low, reprimanding.

I pouted slightly. "Don't get angry. I just needed something to help me calm my nerves," I looked at him then smiled – a little bit too sweetly. "I was so nervous earlier thinking you might get hurt."

His eyes sharpened. "Don't use that tactic on me, Ayah."

"What?," I feigned innocence. "My boyfriend was drift racing for the first time in a match, of course I was worried." I tauntingly moved closer to him.

His face wrinkled, he groaned then threw his head back to stare at the sky out of frustration – his arms flexed when he did that.

"So damn whipped," tudyo ni Jaguar. "If I get poor, I'll just kidnap Ayah then the next thing I know Primo is already selling his house, his car, his inheritance or maybe the whole Philippines to pay for her ransom money," he sneered, then laughed loudly — agad din naman niyang pinagsisihan 'yon ng isang rumaragasang beer pong cup ang sumalubong sa mukha niya.

Because Primo threw his beer cup, inabutan siya ng isa pang baso ng inumin ng isang kabarkada niya pero tinanggihan niya na ito.

"Aren't you going to drink?," I asked him.

All his other friends were drinking. Seige was barely drinking though, while the others were drinking moderately. Despite them having high alcohol tolerance, Primo didn't even drink one drop of alcohol.